I was able to pay my car off in May of this year, completing one of the few goals I’d set for myself this year. Now I have had this car for three years now, and while I was paying for it the only thing I’ve really had to worry about was replacing the tires. In theory that means I should have had some extra money, however, once my car heard that I know owned it free and clear, it decided to act out.
Remember the little alternator incident?
I never completed the story on that one, and want to take a moment to give my dad a huge shout out for removing the alternator, taking it to the alternator place (and not making me do it!), bringing it back, installing it in my car, and once installed and it still didn't fix the No A/C, No Power Windows etc..problem , took it back to the mechanic and stayed their until they fixed it. Go Dad!
Then there was this little incident where some woman backed into me in the parking lot. Whileits been officially decided that it is not my fault, I still need to get an estimate on getting said bumper fixed. [update : I was able to re-attach the bumper with a bobby pin and a hair elastic.. #likeaboss I still need to get it looked at.. eventually .]
Then the hatch struts for my trunk quit working, and need to be replaced. (Yes I googled: things that hold up hatch) . . and yes it is annoying to hold up the trunk with my head, while loading Tally or unloading large tables.
Then my back tire kept going flat, so I replaced that and a couple ofbreak lights. However while that was being done, Walmart managed to knock the plastic baking, covering the wires on my hatch off, and which I subsequently ran over, when I took it out to load something in the back of the car.
Duringtheloading of the afore mentioned large object incident, I managed to use said object to knock off the top part of my console off. -_-
Then the other day, I get in my car and hear an awful crunching sound. A quick inspection of the front wheel area revealed a piece of plastic, sticking out at an odd angle and rubbing against the tirewheel . [update : as of two days ago I've had to completely remove the whole wheel cover as it just fell off one day.]
So if you werekeeping track there was :
Well not the bumper incident...
How on earth am I ever supposed to upgrade this car with all this stuff falling off?
Not that I plan on doing that any time soon.
I like not having a carpayment-ish .
It could be a lot worse.
I could not have a car!
So the moral of this tale is…
When you payoff your car, make sure you have some savings for everything that will break afterwards.
The end.
Remember the little alternator incident?
I never completed the story on that one, and want to take a moment to give my dad a huge shout out for removing the alternator, taking it to the alternator place (and not making me do it!), bringing it back, installing it in my car, and once installed and it still didn't fix the No A/C, No Power Windows etc..
Then there was this little incident where some woman backed into me in the parking lot. While
Then the hatch struts for my trunk quit working, and need to be replaced. (
Then my back tire kept going flat, so I replaced that and a couple of
During
Then the other day, I get in my car and hear an awful crunching sound. A quick inspection of the front wheel area revealed a piece of plastic, sticking out at an odd angle and rubbing against the tire
So if you were
- Alternator (fixed)
- New Battery (purchased)
- New brakes and Rotors on the front
- 1 Tire
- 2 brake lights
- 1 bumper
- 2 hatch struts
- 1 broken trunk backing (no Google search would reveal the true name)
- 1 broken console
- 1
broke wheel well plastic (fixed that!)
How on earth am I ever supposed to upgrade this car with all this stuff falling off?
Not that I plan on doing that any time soon.
I like not having a car
It could be a lot worse.
I could not have a car!
So the moral of this tale is…
When you pay
![]() |
| Pre-Damage.... |
The end.






No comments:
Post a Comment