6.14.2011

Latest Obsession

Via
I don't claim to have a green thumb, in fact, if you ask any of the plants that lived in my house of the last year, my thumb is pretty black. What can I say, plants would be so much eaiser to take care of if they were more demanding of me, that doesn't stop me from wanting more!

Besides, whats a easier way to decorate than with plants? Lots of green plants to hide the ugliness of my porch for instance...For me, plants help the outside of a house seem more inviting. There is something about a place without any plants that just seems...I don't know, cold...but that's just me. Sure my house is surrounded by trees, but ....no es lo mismo...

Knowing me, I've probably started too late in the season to actually have a nice looking "garden" but one can always hope right? I'd really like something with a lot of greenery that will stay year-round, and won't attract a lot of bees to the door I go in and of most. On the other side of my house, I'd probably do more flowering pots to hang off the side of the porch for instances.

We've already got a lot of wasps around that area anyway, what's a few more?
Lowes.com
Did I mention, I stepped on a bee Sunday? That was my first time being stung, and GOOD NEWS! I'm not allergic to their stingers!! However, who ever mentioned using Bread + Milk to get the stinger out..? THANK YOU!!

But I digress.

I'd really like to find some cool things to stick plants in. Chairs for instance or cooking pots ...or furniture...
This is probably one of those "good ideas' but never gets done things. I should add it too my 101 list that I'm currently revising....hehe.

When I mentioned this idea to my friend, she laughed. Hard. We'll just ignore her for now ok?

erin leigh

1 comment:

Lia S said...

A friend of mine is making and selling these towering soda bottle planters.  They hang from a hook and are a series of 2-liter soda bottles all overflowing with plants.  He sold out of them at the local nursery!  See, you can tell your friend you're on to something!