6.20.2011

Dear Diary // The Interview

Interview 7.20.2011
Today I had an interview at [Job Company Name], for the position of Administrative Assistant.
Can I tell you how long its been since I've had an interview? I've been applying for jobs since January with little to no bites and lots of rejection letters, and finally the same day I apply for a job, I get a call for an interview.

That has never happened.

To say I was excited was an understatement, but at the same time I was nervous. This would be a full-time position! Life is about to go from slow to 90MPH. My free time is going to go way down, if they aren't "cool" with my service dog in training, I may have to give him up. Can I do that? Is this job really worth it?

God I've got to quit worrying and start trusting.
And with that thought I went to sleep.

The interview went smoothly, I felt I answered all their questions in an honest and clear manner, and not just in a way they wanted to hear. I know sometimes its easy to know the "right" answer and not feel it, but this time I knew each answer was echoed inside of me.

However as they asked if I had more questions, I knew I had to ask the "service dog question". I'll admit I was encouraged by the sign welcoming service dogs on the front door; but when I broached the questions, both interviewers looked a little taken aback.

"Would that be a deal breaker if that wasn't a possibly?"

Not Necessarily No.

I felt confident in that answer and their response.

My mom on the other hand felt otherwise.

"How could you even give them the idea that you might not except the job?!"

Because I don't lie, and it would have been a lie for me to say that not being able to have David with me wouldn't have given me pause. That doesn't mean I can't and won't except the position, but I've only had him for five months and to give him up now WILL be heart breaking.

Now I'm concerned that perhaps they took in the same way my mom did, and my mind is running all over the place. Did I just ruin my chances at this job? Should I have just kept quiet?

No, I've kept quiet before and look where that's got me. [nowhere if you were wondering] Struggling to work my puppy raising around my job. Its not fun, or easy. But its worth it.

Not only that but leaving my current job will.be.hard. I love my co-workers and even the worst of days have been a lot less that some places I've been too.

We shall see..


erin leigh

No comments: