I am alive still.
Don't you love it how I post a blog about getting comments and then draw a complete BLANK on what to post on next? I do have a good excuse and its that we're in the middle of our annual church camp meeting, and if I'm not a work, school, or walking the dogs, I'm there. Pretty much getting up at 7ish and going to bed around 1230ish
Which means I'm exhausted. I can barely think straight, I'm stressing over little things and I'm So.READY for this week to be over. I'm chugging caffeine like its water, which is killing me since I'd gotten down to 1-2 cans a week (not DAILY! BIG IMPROVEMENT), and was feeling so much better.
One of my 101 n 1001
91. Give Up Soda for a week (7/7 days)
Would you believe, me a caffeine addict did it? I cannot remember the last time I felt so good. I had energy that was all natural, I was tired at night and could go to bed early, because I could listen to my body! The next week, I was back in the familiar, roll out at 730am (the time I'm supposed to be leaving) and dash to work, and once there purchase a Dr.Pepper to "keep me going." However, I do not like how it makes me feel, and after camp meeting is over, I do plan on working on eating breakfast before work, and getting healthy snacks while I'm there.

A little "back" info on this page:
One of the things I decided to to tackle this year, was doing a scrapbook all about me. I've tons of scrapbook pages for my puppies, but not much about me. I came across this challenge on Hodge Podge Art to create a "All About Me" album going through the alphabet. This page is "C" for me.
5 comments:
Great job on the scrapbook page, it looks awesome!! I too am addicted to Dr Pepper but I switched to Diet Dr Pepper Jan of this year. I need to work on my caffeine intake too, but when you get up at 5am and go to bed at 1200am its all we have :)
I'm not much of a caffeine junkie, sometimes I'll drink a soda but generally I like non-caf. teas and water or if it is a soda it's non-caf. root beer. There is something nice about cutting the addiction and listening to your body and fueling it with good-for-you and feel-good foods!
Way to go on getting down to 1-2 cans a week. I'm trying to do the same and have been pretty successful this week, I must say. I've only caved once and it was because I had a terrible caffeine withdrawal headache! I would probably have had 7 cans by now? And I've had 1.
It's hard, though! Especially when you're sleepy and know it'll give you a little boost for a few hours. But I agree with you on the energy! During my Wednesday night class, all I wanted to do was buy a Coke and a candy bar beforehand to wake me up. Instead, I kept chugging my water and ate some trail mix which seemed to energize me a LOT more than sugary beverages!
OK, sorry this is so long. But I have so much to say about getting off soda! Hehe.
I just don't know now you did it! I live only on caffeine. It's sad but true. But go you!
I like that scrapbook idea...
I've been eating a bit healthier myself. Breakfast every day this week - which is RARE for me.
And super impressed that you were able to limit yourself to 1-2 cans per week! I need to take a day to have my caffeine detox day, haha. I get really bad headaches if I go without coffee, lol.
Love the scrapbook idea!
Post a Comment