Waiting For Morning
by: Margaret Brownley
Waiting for Morning, is the story of a guilt ridden young woman, trying to make a way for herself and her wheel chair bound younger brother; after answering an ad for an heiress she and her brother embark on an adventure of . To be honest... I didn't find myself contenting with the story very much, if at all. Normally I'm all about angst and high emotions in romance books, but it just wasn't working for me this go round.
First things first, the scene seems to be set in the Wild West, (1896 according to the cover) but there are "motor buggies" ... it has been a while since I've had a history class, but I was pretty sure by the time motor buggies came around the west wasn't so.. wild. According to Google the first car wasn't even invented until 1896 thus null and voiding that section of the story.
Secondly the whole "Ad for Heiress" part of the story, while different was a bit strange. The owner of the ran is a woman, and apparently wants another woman (whomever will do) to take over; yet is unwilling to sell because she doesn't want a stranger getting hold of it? While I understand she could mould this young charge into what she wants, but that's no guarantee of anything!
Despite many moments of shaking my head, and gritting my teeth what kept me going was the slight story regarding Orbit a blind horse and Magic the "Heros" dog. If the book had been based on those two I would have loved it. I eagerly anticipated the next time they made an appearance, no matter how brief, in the story.
So all in all, I gave this book two stars out of five. It just wasn't completely there for me.
Have you read this book? What was your take on the story line?


by: Margaret Brownley
Genre: Christian Romance, Historical Romance
Medium: Kindle Book
Molly Hatfield comes to Arizona Territory seeking stability and security. But living in Cactus Patch provides her with more than she ever dreamed.
There is nothing Molly wouldn’t do for her teenaged brother, Donny. Blaming herself for the accident that left him wheelchair bound, Molly has dedicated her life to his care. But in 1896, gainful employment for a woman is hard to come by. So when Molly learns that an eccentric rancher in Cactus Patch, Arizona, is looking for an heiress—someone to take over management of the ranch in exchange for future ownership—she jumps at the chance to provide a real home for her brother.
However, Molly didn’t bank on meeting Dr. Caleb Fairbanks, the town’s charming unmarried doctor. Caleb has a way with Molly that makes her nervous. But it’s how he is with her brother that really alarms her. Caleb sees past the wheelchair and genuinely likes Donny, but Molly fears he’s putting unrealistic ideas into her brother’s head. Falling in love with Caleb would threaten everything she’s worked for, even her brother’s future happiness. But it could be the very reason God brought her to Last Chance Ranch.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
HEIRESS WANTED Looking for hard-working, professional woman of good character and pleasant disposition willing to learn the ranching business in Arizona Territory. Must be single and prepared to remain so now and forevermore.Margaret Brownley. Waiting for Morning: A Brides of Last Chance Ranch Novel (Kindle Locations 127-130). Thomas Nelson.
Waiting for Morning, is the story of a guilt ridden young woman, trying to make a way for herself and her wheel chair bound younger brother; after answering an ad for an heiress she and her brother embark on an adventure of . To be honest... I didn't find myself contenting with the story very much, if at all. Normally I'm all about angst and high emotions in romance books, but it just wasn't working for me this go round.
First things first, the scene seems to be set in the Wild West, (1896 according to the cover) but there are "motor buggies" ... it has been a while since I've had a history class, but I was pretty sure by the time motor buggies came around the west wasn't so.. wild. According to Google the first car wasn't even invented until 1896 thus null and voiding that section of the story.
Secondly the whole "Ad for Heiress" part of the story, while different was a bit strange. The owner of the ran is a woman, and apparently wants another woman (whomever will do) to take over; yet is unwilling to sell because she doesn't want a stranger getting hold of it? While I understand she could mould this young charge into what she wants, but that's no guarantee of anything!
Despite many moments of shaking my head, and gritting my teeth what kept me going was the slight story regarding Orbit a blind horse and Magic the "Heros" dog. If the book had been based on those two I would have loved it. I eagerly anticipated the next time they made an appearance, no matter how brief, in the story.
So all in all, I gave this book two stars out of five. It just wasn't completely there for me.
Have you read this book? What was your take on the story line?



No comments:
Post a Comment