1.19.2013

Snow Day 2013

January 17, 2013
I know what you're thinking. Snow day? Why not "Snow Days" or  "First snow of 2013" or some other such fitting title? Because my friends, this is east TN we only get one snow day per season. And this was it. One moment the rain is coming down in sheets, the next ice, and the next huge beautiful snow flurries.

I was still at work when it was started and was chomping at the bit to go home. Not really because of road conditions, ( I only live fifteen minutes away you see) but mostly due to this simple statement: who wants to be at work on a snow day!? OR trapped there for that matter?

Luckily they let us "early folks" go home around 2:30pm so I missed the masses of traffic attempting to get home, as the snow came down harder. Had I known that life would be right back to normal at 9:30 the next morning, perhaps I would have taken a bit more time enjoying the warmth of my house, the coolness of the snow outside, the beauty of it; instead of stressing about my budget.
(Which turns out was a complete waste of time due to things I just realized today!) 

Perhaps next year. Until we meet again Old Man Winter!
My yard during the inital storm




The End.

P.S. ( I really miss my photoshop. I hate these vertical pictures messing up my flow.) 
P.P.S ( You know what's really bad? When you're iPhone is taking better pics than your, albeit six year old, DSLR. ARGH!) 

No comments: