1.18.2013

Budgeting Woes 1.13

It is indeed time for us to once again tackle the topic of budgets. Here's the thing with starting a new job while working at your old one. It lends a false sense of security.

Money is coming in hand over fist, you're hating life due to the crazy amount of hours you are working, but still you have money to purchase a laptop, you can go on this trip, you can do this thing... and then.... reality hits home; and you're stuck with the sad realization that working full-time was not the answer to your  money woes. 

Especially when that new job included new bills. Or perhaps better worded: New bills get added because people assumed a new job = more money. 

So now were stuck in a finical hole. No savings to speak of, and lots of bills. 
(This is one of those ranty posts I was talking about earlier this month) 

As of now, the amount I owe is about $40 short of the amount I'm getting paid. Hopefully. With my luck this will be the cheque that calculates all the time off I had over the New Year holiday. 

This month I got not one but TWO cell phone bills. One from last month, and one because I switched to a new plan with my family. Ultimately it will save me some money, but not for a while.  Kaching! $125 

The last two months my utilities were up from $70 a month to over $200. Not chump change in my book. 

Not to mention all the normal expenses living on your own brings. 

So instead of running around thrift store hopping, or paying off my debt to the Library looks like I'll be spending my Saturday at home. 

Planning ways I can survive the next two weeks on beans and rice. Or oatmeal and rice. I also have a frozen pizza, and some eggs. 

*sigh* 

My biggest frustration is due to the fact that I want to save, but can't. Its either save everything, and spend nothing but on the absolutely necessary; or not worry about anything and spend and spend. 

There's got to be a happy medium. 

Does this mean I have to get yet another job? Work two jobs? Where does that leave school? Not to mention time to live life? 

When did I become and adult and how can I leave? 

<end rant>

Written: 1.11.13 

No comments: