9.24.2012

Series of Adjustments | New Job

In exactly four days, I will be leaving this job that I've held for the last three years. 
In exactly one week, I will be starting a full time position as a veterinary receptionist. 

Yes. I finally got a new job. 

I will go from having free weekends (except during football), an extremely flexible schedule, the comfort of knowing what I'm supposed to do, how I'm supposed to do it, etc.. to being once again, the new kid on the block. 

While this isn't my "first rodeo" as I've held five other jobs in the past, this is the first time where I go in knowing absolutely nothing. Besides how to file things, and handle customers. The learning curve on this new position will be huge. With just being a receptionist I have to know a LOT about the basics of animal health, vaccines, and reproduction of cats and dogs.. apparently.. on top of that I will be going from a very lax environment (example: I am currently at work typing this) to a very strict one.

Its going to take some getting used to. 

However, there are benefits (or else I wouldn't have taken the job!) and Davy-Boy can come with me, so there's that! 

My current job is so loathe to see me go (what a nice feeling) that they've managed to get me to agree to stay on in a CPS position, working whatever events they need extra hands for.

To sum up this post in a few words? 

You ain't going to see me much no more. 
Good-bye afternoon naps 
Good-bye afternoon sun baths 
Good-bye afternoon shopping trips

Its been fun.
If you need me? I'll be at work. (read: Hellloooo Money!) 

erin leigh

No comments: