I wasn't joking either, those of you who are friends with my on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, know that I have blown up your feeds with all my free yummy goodness. ;)
I should have a birthday every month.
I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to start cooking for myself again...
|
|
|
|
|
|
Speaking of cooking for myself..
Before I launched my birthday celebration, I attempted a couple of new pitnerest recipes... all of which fell very flat, and are still sitting in my refrigerate waiting to be thrown out, or something.
My first attempt was cake balls. We've all seen those delectiable cakey goodness floating around pinterest, and have all, at one time or another, thought: Those look simple to make!
Let me tell you this:
- The potential to be simple IS there
- But it really isn't THAT simple
- At least not for me.
- Perhaps that is because I decided not to follow the recipe exactly
- (as I'm want to do)
- And .. yeah.. well I'll let the pictures speak for me.
For those of you who can't see the picture, what we have here is a try of cake balls, two of which are sitting in a pool of chocolately goo, otherwise known as "Erin's attempt at chocolate icing". The original recipe calls for chocolate CANDY, but I thought I'd be cheap and go with icing. Unfortunately icing just soaks into the cake (at least my kind does any how) and pools at the bottom of the ball instead of looking nice and candy like.
So the moral of this story is: Follow the directions. The end.
The other attempt I made, looks a bazzillion times better and didn't taste too bad, but I just had a few nit picky things I would change before attempting to make them again.
Personal Pan Pizzas
The recipe was fairly simply, and easy to follow.
Its pizza how can you go wrong, right?
The Bad:
TOO.MUCH.OIL.
Honestly who needs FOUR OUNCES of oil just to keep the dough from sticking to the pan?
Also, when they say place a PLATE on top of the dough to let it rise.. well definitely make sure you grease the TOP of the dough well before you do that. Trust me on this one ok?
Too Thick... will stick.
My biggest beef with this recipe was how thick and bread like the dough was. I felt like I was eating a roll with cheese and pepperoni, verses a pizza. Next time I think I will ...... cut the amount of dough in half per pizza, or research some other pizza dough recipes to see if there is anyway to make it less like bread.
So that's been my adventures over the last few weeks.
Have you tried any recipes lately? I would love to hear about it!



No comments:
Post a Comment