7.17.2012

The Goal: Morning Runs

Week Six of our Couch to 5K training. According to our app we're just starting week five, which is due to us repeating week four twice. With all of our traveling and what not, I worked out once during the first week of July, and then last week we scrambled and got three days in, doing two days back to back. 

This week we're changing things up a bit, despite the fact that neither Rebekah and I are morning persons people tomorrow we're going to try excersising before work. I'm actually happy about this, as I have begun to dread our night time runs.

Those of you who have been exercising a while, know that exercise gives you more energy, which is the LAST thing you want right before bed! Needless to say my late nights have been catching up with me, and I was super happy when my dear friend finally got my hints about "how nice it was to exercise in the middle of the day and have your evening free" etc.. etc..

We'll let her think it was her idea ok? :)
Cause she doesn't read my blog at all, and will "never" know! 
The world needs more friends like me. I know. 

 So tomorrow morning at 6:45AM I will haul my backside out of bed, throw on my workout clothes, consider running a brush through my hair, grab some water, crate the dogs and head out to run. My mental self is happy about that prospect while my physical self is already lamenting the loss of an hours worth of sleep. 

However this will be good for me in the long run I think. I hope. My life would be much smoother should I actually be able to be productive in the mornings! 


erin leigh

3 comments:

rebekahgrace05 said...

*ahem* I do read your blog (when I can find it!) and you did not subtly hint about changing the running time!

ok, maybe you're some super-sleuthing-subtle-wonder person.

Natalie said...

I just changed to morning workouts too! It was superhard to get up early at first but now I'm actually sleeping normal people hours instead of going to bed at 3 or 4 and I don't have to spend my free time at night working out :) It's awesome! Hope it works out for you too!

Erin said...

Yes it has been awesome! I love getting my day started with exercise. Completely worth the sleep loss! And as soon as I quit napping in the middle of the day my sleep habits should improve as well. (yes I'm an old person apparently) lol