7.25.2012

Pinterest Fail

Its been a while since I've tried something found on Pinterest. I haven't felt like cooking lately, as another blogger has noted its really not fun cooking for one. (hey! I rhymed!) So when I came across (what looked like) a super easy Strawberry Lemonade recipe I was really excited to try it.
1.5 lbs of strawberries? Check.
Lemons Quartered? Check.
1/2 cup of Honey or Sugar? That's it? Ok Check.
2 cups of water? Done!
And blend!!
Wait.. with the lemon rinds on? Yes..? Oook.
Go! 
A few seconds later I was straining the mixture and adding the remaining four cups of water. I eagerly got out my ice and poured a cup of what looked like a delicious mixture..
And..WHAT IN THE WORLD?! 
This was NOT the sweet lemony liquid I was expecting! 
More Sugar!
More Sugar!
Much More Sugar!
Nothing helped.
All I could taste was the lemon rind with a bit of strawberries.
Have you ever eaten a lemon rind?
Yeah, then you'll understand what this tasted like.
I was bitterly dissapointed.
I looooove good lemonade.
After I lamented on Facebook, a friend of mine recommended another recipe, sans lemon rind, that once I recover from this bitter disappointment, I will try it. 
It looked so good though!
So. In conclusion.
When life gives you lemons, make sure you peel them before making lemonade.
#Truths

To Try: 
Strawberry Lemonade Take 2
(Both recipes call for RIND-LESS LEMONS GRR.)
My name is Snickerdoodle
Live a fabuLESS life



No comments: