7.24.2012

Mission Accomplished.

Couch to 5k week 5 is officially on the books, and ladies I must say I am LOVING working out in the morning! While my spurts of energy after workouts aren't lasting as long as I would like (perhaps because I am not eating right, or perhaps because I go and sit for five hours straight) but its so nice to have my evenings free, and to be ABLE to go to bed at a reasonable time. Not that that has happened, but the potential is there you know?

Its so nice to get to work feeling refreshed though! :)

Weekly Stats: 

Day 1  
5 minute warm-up, Jog for 5 mins, Walk for 3 mins, Jog for 5 mins, Walk for 3 mins, Jog for 5 minutes
2.46 miles @ 12:31 per mile  


Day 2 
5 minute warm-up, Jog for 8 mins, Walk for 5 mins, Jog for 8 mins
2.43 miles @ 12:34 per mile  


Day 3 
5 minute warm-up, Jog for 20 mins
2.59 miles @ 11:33 per mile 


At this point, I want to publicly apologize to all those joggers I made fun of over the years, for going so slowly, for not really working out, etc.. I was wrong. Way wrong. I was naive, I had no idea how hard it really is. Please except my humble apologies and I bow to your greatness.

We have a couple more days of interval training then they are sending us out to pound pavement for the full time. I didn't even run the whole 20 minutes this morning, throwing in two minutes of walking before jogging the remaining time. For the first time in.. ever.. I actually felt I was going to throw up right before it told us to walk again. Guess that will teach me not to eat/drink anything (little) before I dash out of the house!

This week I really want to focus on eating a more balanced diet. I believe I've blogged about my sporadic eating habits before, now adding a calorie burning, exercise and my bad habits are catching up with me. More veggies (gag), more fruit less processed. No soda.

Wish me luck?

I'll need it!

erin leigh

No comments: