4.13.2012

Love.

I was watching a proposal video on YouTube.


It was sweet, not over the top, somewhat you unique. The guy asked the girl on television. She says yes. 
But what got me was, when asked why they loved one another... the answers were.. bland. 
I've heard people expound the qualities of their dog better than this couple did for each other. 

"He's very nice to me" that's what I like most about him. 

My co-workers are nice to me, but I'm not going to marry them! 
I realize they were put on the spot, and should I have been put in the same position I probably wouldn't have wanted to give a really personal answer either, but I would hope that there was something a little more, meaningful, unique that I could say about my significant other. 

It got me thinking... 

If someone were to ask me why I love [insert significant person(s) name here] what would I say? 

Going through my list of close friends I realize the biggest reason I love them is because they love me. For who I am. Not who I could be, or what they can make me into, but because I am me. 

The same way God loves us, and we..love.. him. Not because He's done all these great and wondrous things in our lives (which He has) but above all because He loved us unconditionally first. This may not mean much to you, but this has been a real point of struggle for me over the last couple of weeks. You'll just have to be in my head to know exactly what's been going on. 

"We love him, because he first loved us" - 1 John 4:19 

Just. Wow.



erin leigh

No comments: