1.03.2012

January: The Goal

...Another year over, and a new one just begun.. 

Hello Two Thousand Twelve. 


Like everyone else, in the world, quite possibly, the beginning of the year gives me the chance, to evaluate my previous year, what I liked, what I didn't like... and set some goals I would like to tackle in the coming year. Last years goals were good, but vague... looking back on them, I can't cross them off my list, simply due to the fact, I don't know exactly what I was hoping to accomplish with them. 


Over the past 24 hours, I've spent a lot of time, contemplating what I want to do this year, what's important, and attempting prioritize things. It wasn't easy, and by the time I finished, I wound up with 65 goals. 

Its a little excessive, I'll give you that, but if I put some effort into I can accomplish them. Out of that 65, there are 12 goals, that I have committed to working on once a month. A month or so ago, a blogger/twitter friend of mine, came up with the idea to work pick 12 goals to focus on in 2012. I, loving the idea of small steps, signed up as soon as I could. To be honest, coming up with one goal per month was a bit difficult, as 


This month, my goal is to drink at least one glass of water a day. Sounds simple right? For me...Not so much. Drinking is not only about wetting my thirst, but also sating my appetite. I'm not a morning person, so the thought of breakfast at 7:00am is nauseating to me, not too mention, I never have TIME for breakfast.  So juice winds up being a quite way to tide me over until lunch time. 


Drinking water does not sate your appetite. 


However, I need it. 


So, I downloaded an app called Waterlogged to help me keep track of my water drinking... (my co-worker/nutritionist major will be soo proud). Right now, success = 1 glass of water, but as the habit develops I hope to get up to the required 64 ounces a day. 


Good Lord. 


Other goals that I will be working on over the year include: 
  • Learn to Eat Breakfast 
  • Blog @ least five times a month (or once a week) 
  • Work on Concentrating on One Task for longer periods of time .. 
  • Creating a morning routine that is productive.. 
  • Memorize a scripture a month.. 
  • 3 D.I.Y Projects a Month 
  • Read 4 Books a month 
  • More specified training sessions with my pet dogs...
Just to name a few... 

I'm looking forward to updating you all on my progress.  

How about you? What goals are you hoping to tackle this year? I wanna know. 


Erin, THe puppy less puppy walker

No comments: