1.03.2012

College 2012


I'll admit I was sort of bummed, when I saw this pop up on my Facebook Timeline the other day. If life was going according to *my* plan, my graduation from PSTCC indeed be an event I'd be looking forward too this year. 


When I first arrived in Knoxville, I was thrilled to find out that there was a college that offered a degree in photography, something I'd loved for a long time. As soon as I was able too, I signed up for classes intent on finally getting to go to school for something I loved. 


Most Every.single. semesters has been fraught with problems. 


Semester #1: Starts of with a "bang" to the tune of $4,000+. I wound up paying over $700 that time (which thankfully I had) and waiting about six months for Financial Aid to "semi" pay me back. I got maybe $400 back from that. 
Semester #2: Was better. 
Semester #3: You have _____ holds on your account. I wasn't planning on going to school, life was stressful, I didn't know if I was doing the right thing, and kind of wanted to "wait and see". My parents however, had other thoughts and talked me into, and somehow God worked it out, and I started classes a week late. It.was.STRESSFUL. Stressful enough to land me with an F in one class, and withdrawing from another. 
Semester #4: Once again the money monster rears its head. 


As I've heard down through the years, "If God is in something, it will work". I think even the most pagan person can see.. this ain't working. So now what?


Erin, THe puppy less puppy walker

No comments: