1.04.2012

Christmas & New Years Recap

In a word? Bliss. 
Perfect happiness; great joy


Not a word that I use regularly but its perfect for this occasion. 


I loved finally having a moment to breathe, to sleep, to read a book for pete's sake. Saturday & Sunday were pretty busy, my family had our dinner on Saturday, and I spent at least five hours cooking, something that is quite unusual for me; its not that I don't mind cooking, its just super, boring to cook for yourself. As long as someone else is planning the menu, I don't mind whipping up food for 8+ people....as long as I don't have to bring it home with me.

Sunday we did our gift exchange, between church services. My parents...er.. dad.. isn't big on the whole gift exchange thing, so they purchased the "family" (which doesn't include me as I don't live there. #FAIL!) a Ping Pong table, and we kids exchanged names and bought for one person. Being the youngest Autumn is alllll about opening gifts, and had us all running through some sort of crazy, gift exchange. It was a little ridiculous but we complied in order to get her to settle down. However once she got her present of an (overpriced) Webkins she was all done with the gift exchange. Leaving the at least three of us gift-less.

*rolls eyes*


Ah to be young and ... well.


The next couple of days, were spent doing absolutely nothing of worth, or productive. I didn't realize how badly I need that time, just to relax, I was able to finally complete a jig-saw puzzle I'd been working on forever, and rearrange my house a bit. 


By Wednesday, all my laziness had caught up with me, and I had to scramble to get ready for our annual New Year's Trip to Alabama. Despite getting a late start, getting stopped by the police, and getting lost in the wild hills of Alabama, we made it to the small town of Morgan City just in time for the first service. 


Not only was I challenged spiritually, but I got to meet new friends, talk with old, and realize some things about myself. All in all? A good trip. 
Nooow back to the real world. 

Erin, THe puppy less puppy walker

No comments: