8.01.2011

Chapter 8 - August 2011

Another chapter in the year 2011 has officially ended. 


While not my favorite month of the year, the conclusion of this chapter, was very bittersweet. The long anticipated wedding, went perfectly, in fact its hard to believe its over. 


The Wedding Recap:

Being an outdoor wedding, the weather was a big concern as the day progressed. Throughout the morning and afternoon, the sun had been shining, warming the area to an hair-puffing 96 degrees, however around 4ish, the clouds started to roll in, and thunder and lighting cracked through the skies.

I stared at the sky in horror...surely this couldn't be happening? Everything was set up! C was bound to be stressed about this, what about all the decor? The chairs? Sound equipment?

I needn't have worried, though the wedding site was located about two miles down from my home..it barely sprinkled, while we were drenched with torrents of rain! 


Thank you God! 


As one of the un-official photographers/baby-sitter I arrived an hour+ early to get ready. C was very relaxed and enjoying her day as queen of the manor. I believe a direct quote was: "People are actually listening to me and doing what I want! I like this!" 


"Enjoy it while you can!" - was my reply.


Despite the drizzle to cool it down, the weather was still un-bearably hot, and I believe I stated these three words "Its soo hot" about 300 times as I monitored the little girls, who were handing out water and fans. 


Then it was time to start... 


I ran back in, to the air-conditioned dressing room to grab my cameras and went out to resume my duties as photographer... 


Though, my sister and I watched most of the ceremony from the sanctuary of the air-conditioned dressing room (the windows looked out over ceremony), it was still very sweet. Of course D (C's Husband <-- Did I just write that!?) had to add some jocularity to the ceremony, but spraying breath fresher in his mouth, and sticking on some rubber lips before kissing her. (without the faux lips of course :)


My father (who was also the pastor) had to speed up the ceremony at one point, because it started to rain. By the time the guest were released to the reception area, it was coming down in earnest..though I didn't hear any complaints, probably due to the fact, everyone was soaked from sweat. 


While D&C took their couple photos, we all descended on the food. 


Chicken Salad, Pasta Salad, Broccoli Salad..and lots and lots of pies. So many people stayed up working on the food for this wedding and it was amazing. 


Before we knew it, everything was over, and we were left with the clean up, and attempting to cope with the fact that our friend/sister/roommate had just left us. For good. 


Reality Check


Though it took me a while to get on board with the whole 'roommate' deal; after a year of living together I have gotten used to having another person around.. in many ways, its helped me let go of some of my more...selfish ideologies, and thought processes...and in others it was nice to have a non-family member to talk to at the end of the day. 


On the flip side..I'm not all that sad about not coming home to stuff piled around in my newly cleaned/straighten kitchen, living room or bathroom. However, having only myself to grumble at for the mess isn't as fun, as complain about someone else as you clean the moldy dishes etc.. 


But once I've finished gloating about not having to do x-y-z anymore. I still miss her. :( 


Will there be another roommate in the future you ask? In a word? No.
Not unless I'm married to him.
And believe me when I say that's in the far future.


More on that in another post.  


August 2011 
I can't believe its August already! 
School starts in 27 days...  
Guess who didn't complete their FA forms by the deadline....
My birthday is in a month...<22!>
Summer is drawing to a close..
I can't believe its August already! 




The End. 

No comments: