Its Monday (barely) so I, once again, have a valid excuse for being my normal random self. So lets start at the beginning shall week.
- Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood.....
- Its was about 1:00 pm when we first heard the sirens. It wasn't the typical long drawn out wail, but more of a "whoop-whoop" every couple of minutes. I was standing on the porch with my neighbor-friends at the time, and walked into the yard to see if we could see anything. Not seeing a single car on the road, we resumed our conversation...only to interrupted again. This went on for another 30 minutes, at 5-10 minute intervals, before I went back inside. A couple of hours later I was back at their house, and this time we could see police cars pulled up to a house a couple of houses down. We mused to ourselves a bit, but its not unusual to see the police at that house (we thought) and we went on about our business. Rob and I went to class, had a perfectly horrid time, (ah life with baby-puppies) and left class early before they kicked us out. As we were drew closer to my house, I noticed the police cars were NOT lined up at the house we originally assumed but at the nice neat house next to it. (Ah lack of zoning laws. Gotta love it) I tucked that little nugget and went home to get ready for Church that evening. (So ok this was Wednesday) When the police were STILL their after Church got out around 8ish..9ish..who knows, we knew this wasn't a robbery or domestic violence case. And as it turns out we were correct, though it took a while to get the story arranged right, the news reported the bodies found, two houses down from my own humble abode, were from a murder and suicide. Apparently this couple hadn't been getting along for years, and one stabbed the other and then the murderer overdosed on drugs.
- Honestly its extremely sad, I mean how do you get to the point where you are SO un-happy with your life and with your companion that you are willing to let yourself do something so heinous?
- So that was the drama of last week.
- In less Tragic News...
- I have decided that there are some foods that just aren't "left-over meal" materials. Coming from a family of eight, you are conditioned from a young age to make large portions of everything. Moving out on my own, I quickly realized that I could NOT eat as much as I was used to making, and just how I could NOT eat the same thing seven days in a row. My already picky menu decreased several notches during my first year on-my-own.
- Box or Stove Top Macaroni & Cheese (as of this week I've thrown out two containers. It jus doesn't re-heat good at all. blegh. Puke. gag.)
- Baked Mac & Cheese is doable.
- Fresh Salsa (it just is weird. Believe me Probably the lack of preservatives etc..)
- Homemade Burgers (dry out really easily.)
- Restaurant Burgers are ok.
- I'm sure I'll think of others, but at the moment I could throw all of the above out of my fridge and not blink twice about it. However I hate, hate, hate, wasting food/money so I'll force it down. As long as it doesn't have any green fuzzy decor.....
- My wish list is getting longer by the day.....
- At number one we have a Piano... if you don't know, I've been playing this lovely instrument since I was six? Took 10 years in lessons, can play fairly well by ear, and I reguarly play at church yada yada yada. However, lack of practice does not a good pianist make; not having a piano where I can practice easily isn't good. So I'm looking for either a nice studio upright piano like my parents have, or even a spinit. I would Loooooooooooove to have a Grand or even a Baby-Grand. I would literally die. I used to ask my parents for one, and could never understand why everyone died laughing at my suggestion. I mean yeah I know you guys said it cost a lot, but I was thinking in the $2,000-5,000 range. That was until last year, when my friends and I decided to walk into a piano store.
- Um...those things are like $35,000.
- And that's the CHEAP ones.
- Could have knocked me over with a feather.
- So I'll settle for even a nice electric piano.
- However a car comes first.
- Next would be New Glasses
- Our local mall has a Eye-Docter/Lens/Glasses whatever and the current deal is $20 eye exam and buy one get one free on their glasses. Any brand. Having worn my current pair for iono four years now? Its time for some new ones. I also want some fashionable prescription sunglasses so I can look "cool" like everyone else. haha. I wanna a complete change from what I have currently, but am scared to commit my money towards such a venture at the moment.
- Studio Lights ( I know, I know, not the "correct" terminology but you get the gist of it)
- Canon 7D or Sony Alpha 850
- Yeah. When I'm rollin in the big bucks
- Another 50mm, 24-70mm, 70-400mm, 35mm, *sigh*
- Fix my cavity ridden teeth.
- How is it, I can go through child hood, have minimal cavities (with minimal brushing) but the INSTANT i become and "adult" and responsible take care of my teeth DAILY (granted I also increased my sugar intake) My mouth is full of this plague!?!? Not to mention they all held off until I was OFF of my parents insurance..!?
- Grr.
- Its Finals Week
- And of COURSE I should be studying, but I'm all studyed out at the moment. The end is in sight, I can taste it, I can touch it, I can feel it ..(think sunshine and blue skies) and its nearly impossible to concentrate on the important things at the moment.
- Still.No.Car.
- Its coming. I can feel it. I've got the money. I just need the right price.
- Goals for the upcoming summer would be...
- Get another part time job...preferably one that will allow me to bring the Robsters
- See #5
- Save up money for the TWO trips I'm planning to take this year.
- Man. Just remembered I might have another I'll "HAVE" to go on. ssiigghhhh.
- Having three dogs can be very expensive at times.
- Buy More Clothes
- Twitter Randomness
- 4 of 5 stars to A Daughter's Inheritance by Tracie Peterson
- 4 of 5 stars to A Surrendered Heart by Tracie Peterson
- Time to make a list and check it at least, twice.
- Ugh...really Windows? This would have "never" happened on a Mac
- omw. Seriuosly!? RT @fearfuldogs: dumb dog leash tinyurl.com/3mw8jfv what IS our problem?
- Why yes, I am completely changing the topic for my final that was due yesterday. Again. To the original topic.
- "Are we turning our kids into Tech Zombies?"
- Has a nice ring to it don'tcha think?
- Today, 8-18 year-olds devote an average o! f 7 hours and 38 minutes to using entertainment media across a typical day..#researching
- Technology Free Family Live to Tell the Tale: bit.ly/ecAbC8
- RT @thinkgeek: WOW. 100,000+ toothpicks, 3,000 hours, & gallons of Elmer's glue later: San Francisco kinetic sculpture j.mp/hZuD7c
- I mean really. There are some days when you DON'T wanna know what people are thinking and they put it on FB anyway. !!!!?
- Change the World with Words - for Dogs and All | Dancing Dog Blog bit.ly/gjMXvH
- Dear Pinterest I wanna join the party!? Please send me an invite soooooon!
The End.
Good Bye for a week.
Probably.
I don't know.
No comments:
Post a Comment