But apparently forgot to give us in East TN that memo. Yesterday thunderstorms tore apart the area dumping inches of rain onto our fair town. Within hours streets were impassable, yards were flooded and people were stranded at work and school. Talk about flash flooding!! The last time I've been a town that flooded this badly, was when Katrina hit and that was only after it had been raining for DAYS!
The local news paper posted photos from around town
here.
Via- Knoxville News Sentinel
I was quite nervous about driving home, as our road floods even with just a heavy down pour, and while one of the roads did, the one I took hadn't, but boy was in for a surprise when I pulled into my driveway!
 |
| Neighbors Lake aka Yard |
 |
| My front yard |
 |
| My yard again |
 |
| Yard part two....that water went up over my knees! |
I'd just went by Wal-Mart to purchase some rain boots, so I grabbed them and waded out into the water, Texas being my one and only water dog at the moment was right behind me and even took a turn around our new "pond". Don't worry, he got a bath later on, but it was quite funny. I don't know why I didn't realize that if he was SWIMMING that the water had gotten pretty deep, but I hadn't, and while I went to rescue a part of my dog's crate that had washed to the next street, um... I found out just how deep that water was.
 |
| Texas checking out the place |
 |
| There he goes! |
 |
| Bye Texas!! |
Of course this is just the beginning of the rainy season, I can only imagine what the rest of spring will look like!
2 comments:
Oh my gosh, Erin!!! That's so funny about you finding out the pond was deep! I mean, it's gross and it stinks that you got wet, but that's just so funny! Is your house & stuff okay? What about your neighbors? I can't believe it rained so much!! Hope it clears out soon and you're fine! :)
It was funny, I was holding onto a stick when I went down, so I didn't completely wet. I was just sad that I got the inside on my new rain boots wet! LOL!
Post a Comment