I'm generally a thankful person.
Its something I know I'm supposed to be.
Thankful for my family, friends, heat, clothing, warmth....
But today it hit me.
I don't know if it was the homeless man standing in 30 degree weather with just a sign...
Or maybe it was walking from my warm car, in my warm clothes, to my equally warm house....
Or perhaps it was the hauling of bag, after bag full of food into my house..
But as I looked around I couldn't help but think.....
I am blessed.
There are so many places or situations I could be in at this moment, but I have been given the presence of mind to make good decisions, to look at others mistakes and learn from them... to lead a productive life....
Reguardless of how this year turns out, I have what I need.
And for that I am deeply thankful.


3 comments:
Amen!
This is something that I take for granted, every day. I am sitting in my bed, in warm pjs, and food in the kitchen "in case I am hungry later." Yet, I let little things bring me down.
We ARE blessed.
Just thinking about a homeless person right now in this dreadful winter breaks my heart. :(
Aww, I like this post! I know I could definitely stand to count my blessings more often... I'll be the first to admit I can take them for granted. Thanks for the reminder :)
Isn't it a great feeling to have the presence of mind to recognize your blessings? I give thanks every day for the multitude of blessings that have been bestowed upon me especially the health and safety of Griffin and his unconditional love!
Post a Comment