12.20.2010

miscellany monday

Randomosicity.
  1. I made the mistake of going to Sam's Club and Wal-Mart yesterday. Can anyone say mad house? I have never seen that store (Sam's Club anyway) so jammed with people! While I was there, I came across a family of, what I believe to be, eight children. They were all huddled around the book section, picking up book after book. Coming from a family of six, it always grabs my attention to see other large families, so as I was glancing down the book aisle I was counting them, as I know people have done to us many, many times. There were two small children in the top part of the shopping cart, and an infant carrier in the basket area. I'd walked around the aisle at least twice before I realized, the infant had been crying..no screaming at the top of his lungs for the last 5 minutes or so. This wasn't a I've just woke up type scream, but I need something now scream. Did I mention there was a blanket covering his seat...inside the store? Once I realized he'd been screaming, I stopped to see where the mom was, if I, a passerby had noticed the child surely she'd be a along shortly. 10 minutes later, no mom, and no one checking on the baby I knew I had to work up the courage, to ask one of the kids if they baby was OK. As i neared the group I noticed a man that seemed to be with them, so I approached  him and inquired about the child. "Oh he's just hungry." Well let me just pick my jaw up off of the floor here, and I'll be on my way. I was distracted by some friend of mine, coming up and trying to pet Pompei, so this stranger, missed an opportunity to hear a piece of my mind. So you're going to ignore him and let him scream, because you can't do anything about his hunger? If you are indeed the parental guardian of these children..why...?!?!? 
  2. I knew when my boss greeted me with "Erin! Look at you! All early!! Finals must be over" I knew that my stress over the last couple of weeks, has been obvious not only to me, but my co-workers as well. These last couple of weeks have been such a blur, its amazing I remembered to come into work at all! However its over! And since I can't access my final grades...it may really be over. But i know I didn't do that badly! English is iffy, but I'm pretty confident with my other classes. (For the record I wasn't early, I just decided to go to my desk before doing a major reworking of my hair....believe me that eats up time! And its faster than trying to do it at home. Don't worry I make sure its "neat" before I leave the house) 
  3. Still no where close to being done with my Christmas shopping.
  4. I have nice neighbors. Just FYI.
  5. That's all I have for today. Our Guide Dog group is having their Christmas Party today, so I'm going to make a made dash and try to get there (1.5 hours away) by 6:30pm. Wish me luck!
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

No comments: