Oh Christmas. I time to give and get.
A time for friends and Family.
A time for crowds, traffic and stress.
Today I decided I probably should get started on my Christmas shopping, seeing how I only have a week until the "big day." Christmas is not a overly celebrated holiday in our house, though we do exchange gifts to the sounds of our household "grinch" grumbling in the background. We love that person dearly, and tune them out for the most part.
When we were younger, my mother would take us out on Christmas Eve, and give us a set amount of money to spend on our siblings. We typically hit up Wal-Mart or the Dollar Tree, but had a blast trying to hid our gifts from each other. Wrapping the presents was a hilarious event as well attempted to find separate areas of the house to wrap them in. Now that two of us have jobs, and the others have a little extra "money" now that we are out of the picture, the gifts have become a little more thoughtful.
I love the Holiday time, as its one of the few times of the year, that is primarily focused on family, and togetherness, and despite the crowded stores, malls and streets, I enjoy trying to find things that will bring a smile to my family's face. Pompei and I braved the retail scene today and visited over 12 different stores in an attempt to find that one "thing" to light one my family this year. Oh I know, the best gift is being together, but lets be real here. We all like getting gifts, and we all (should) like giving. I'll admit, I had a small list of things I wanted to get my self (brown boots).
While the crowds and traffic, wasn't all too bad, (in the area of town I was) I was sorely disappointed only to find gifts for one person. One. Sigh. Had I know that i would stayed home and bought stuff off the internet. Would have saved my legs a lot of work..However I don't regret all the socialization Pompei got today. He got a new bed and some toys out of the deal, as well as one of the employees of a clothing store, to sit on the floor with him in her lap for a little while. (I know, I know, but it was the end of the day, he needed some relief) Despite his "bouncyness" at home, put that yellow vest on him, and he's a completely different dog.
Now that we're home, he's been knocked out. So i would deem this shopping trip a success.
On another note, I don't think the fact that I'm out of school has completely sunk in just yet. I guess I've gotten so used to waiting on the "other shoe to drop" that I'm afraid to revel in my freedom. I've got to get out of that mindset!! Anyway here's to getting my shopping done from the comfort of my own home!
I LOVE YOU AMAZON!!!!!
Update: The Other Shoe - So the other shoe, that dropped, would be PSTCC not letting me see my grades, because they don't have the transcripts back when I attended HCC back in NC, for ONE SEMSESTER. ONE. My frustration knows no bounds. I want to go to school, no NEED to go to school, but man I'm so tired of this I don't know what to do! *screams*
Oh I know. I'm going to bed, and never getting out again.
Erin
No comments:
Post a Comment