6.29.2010

I don't like Traveling

It really is the little things that matter in life, as I have found out this week.
Truthfully going out of town for a weekend, is a little thing but...
I admit it. 
Happy thoughts did not flood my mind, when my mother informed me that we were scheduled to go to a family reunion for the holiday. Nor was I excited about the prospect of driving eight hours in a crowed van with my siblings and three dogs. Here's the thing, the last I'd heard of the family reunion was sometime in January when my mom asked me if I wanted to go. I believe my answer was very non-committal as I really had no clue if I would be able to go in July. No one thought to bring it up to me since then. 
So I'm happily going along with my week, planning for my schedule trip NEXT week, when a note in a email stops me cold. 

"See You at the Reunion!" 

Say WHAT? What reunion? When is this reunion? Did I know about this reunion? Why DON"T I know about this reunion? Do I have to go? What am I going to do with my dogs? Where is this reunion? With the biggest question being..WHERE AM I GOING TO FIND MONEY FOR THIS REUNION??

If you can't tell, I have issues with "spur-of-the-moment" events. They completely stress me out. I have gotten better about it, but it still takes a while for me to work out in my mind, that things will be ok if they weren't planned.
Which is kind of funny because I don't stress out about things easily, but these type of things will do it to me every-time.
 So I've spent the last couple of days hyperventilating about this sudden change of life plans, and if I could back out it gracefully. Alas my dear mother has the art of "guilt tripping" down to a science and before I knew it was telling her i was going,(as if I really had an option)  though I wasn't very happy about it.  

I don't like traveling much at all, and I really dislike driving long distances, so this trip was defiantly going to be an errand of love for my mother. I decided to work on adjusting my feelings towards this trip, so I sat down and looked up the mileage from OurFairCity to TheCitythatIreallydon'tlike. What I found actually made me happy. Very Happy in fact, while I'm still not looking forward to spending my weekend away from ...well.. ok I didn't have anything planned, but for me it will only cost $60 for gas round trip, its only 4 hours away and I won't have to spend much on food! 

*BIG SIGH OF RELIEF* 

Though I will still have to deal with my twins  and 10 yo, this "new development" will make it more "endurable" (is that a word?). Now  if we can come back form the trip without anyone getting bit, I will be happy. Now to find baby puppy-sitters for next week....




No comments: