Actually I really should be working on my Sociology Paper..or my Exemplification Piece...but yeah. I did finally get at least a topic picked for my sociology paper. A small research into why aggression has nothing to do with he dog's breed and everything to do with the dogs owner.
Ask Texas.
Monday I met with a lady, and made the leap from Sony to Canon. Don't know how much I'm liking that decision, but its done. Being a Photography major, I felt it would probably benefit me to have to have a camera with not 1...or 2... but 3 lenses for only$650. But I feel now that I have no clue how to use an DSLR anymore. Plus I've had my Sony for two years now, and...*gulp* i am not quite ready to part with it just yet. Granted I say that and I go out and snaps some shots that bring my confidence level back up a little bit..?
{The Bad - That's my work Camera...fyi sorry I'm a major Nikon "hater" :) Gotta be..its written in the Canon and Sony Manual :-) }
{The Good - Aaah look how crisp this is! woot!}
Anyway i can't believe I forgot about another major milestone that I passed on January 31st, as that marks the day I made the trip from NC - TN for the last time. (as a NC resident).I CANNOT.BELIEVE. I've been in TN and entire year..and not only that but am loving it. I can still remember the emotions I felt when my father told me he was moving our family to TN. One word. Devastated. I was/am a homebody, I dislike traveling, I'd be just as happy to spend my entire life in one place. But to top it off, not only were we leaving my home of 18 years, but we were moving to a city that was on my top 10 places that I never wanted to move.
I'd pretty much determined that I was going to stay in NC, no matter what, I'd do whatever for whoever just as long as I didn't have to leave my friends, church family, job, school etc..
It took about two years for me to come to the realization that, staying wasn't possible on my salary, and two God finally got it into my head, that it just may not be his will that I stay in NC. (ooh well in that case TN here I Come!) I can still remember the surprise in peoples voices when I calmly brought up the fact that I was moving. (Did I mention how vehemently I expressed to everyone who asked how I was NOT.MOVING.EVER!)
But once I'd started to realize that this was indeed going to happen, I realized there were many other obstacles that I had to face...
- Where was I going to live? My parents were staying in the Church's Parsonage, and they were very cramped, so adding myself and my two dogs (at the time) in there just wasn't going to be easy.
- Work! Trying to find work, while knowing where nothing was located was difficult, but I diligently got on jobs sights daily, checking out the scene.
- What about School? *shudders*
The ball started rolling once, I received a job offer from a local service dog organization about 30 minutes out of the city-that-shall-not-be-named and dad then finally giving permission to move into a small house on the edge of the churches property. Hmm my own house..no rent....? Suddenly moving to CTCBN was looking better and better...After receiving the position with Wilderwood, I packed up my meager belongings...(<--Sarcasm) and moved into my new home.
The house had much to be desired..for one thing no heat. My first night in it, my temperature gauge registered 9 degrees. Inside.
The next day I went out and bought a couple of heaters and that moved the temp up too about 50.
Fun Times i tell you.
But we've had fun this house and I....14 dogs, a excruciatingly hot summer (85 during the day..oh yeah the A/C broke), learning to cook on a faulty stove, and so.much.more...! *gasps* It has become my haven. It taught to count my blessings, and I am going to miss this place, once I finally get moved.
Learning my way around this fair city was an adventure in and of it self, but thankfully I have a really good sense of direction, and only managed to get turned around a couple of times.
Now I pretty know how to get anywhere within the city limits...on major streets anyway, I still have not un-earthed the many back roads etc..that lie around here.. *shudders* I've made a lot of new friends and deepend old friendships that have been made in the past.
You could have never told me I'd feel like this two.....three years ago.
I guess that just leaves one last thing to say.
....GO VOLS!!! =)

4 comments:
Hey! I just wanted to tell you I love your blog and will be following along from now on!
fact: if you hate Nikon, then you hate me. (kidding!) when are you coming to this side of the mountain?
Erm..probably on the 27th of this month unless something major happens...GDF puppy meeting at 2pm...hit me up sometime after!
Post a Comment