For the majority of my 20 years, I have been painfully shy. Hovering in the shadow of my best friends Brittany & Kamra, who were both very outing going/popular people.(Still Are! LOL) It wasn't until they....took a leave of absences..that I realized that I could stand on my own two feet. Well that and becoming a puppy raiser for the Guide Dog Foundation. Having a puppy by your side brings a LOT of attention your way. I was forced to talk to people. Being in a 4-H club also made me do things I never would have DREAMED of doing...such as presentations in front of many audiences.(I won 1st at the highest level you could go)It is extremely "freeing" to not have that anxiety about going to class. I actually talked to at least 4 people I didn't know. *gasp* *shock*
When Pompei arrived on Wednesday of course I had to do a lot more talking, but he's an easy subject to talk about...plus people aren't really listening when they are sitting in the floor playing with a puppy.
Yeaaah....
But I digress, my writing class, we come into class, sit down, and are smacked with a timed writing assignment. *chorus of groans*
I was going pretty good, until I went back and read the instructions, so with only 12 minutes left I had to wipe my screen and redo the last four paragraphs from scratch. Here's to hoping that was a good decision!
After that Pomps and I headed to Photography Class....my instructor there is an interesting man. I am intrigued to see how this class is going to pan out. Let's just say it was awkward when he told one of his 20something students that she looked like his aunt. *crickets*
Awkward Turtle.
LOL!
It was a little more awkward when Pompei decided to bark in class. I think I can honestly say that this will a semester to remember.
1 comment:
oh dear, the worst is starting an assignment and then realizing you were doing it wrong!
ps, LOVE your puppies, they are sooo cute!
Post a Comment