1.18.2010

...But its a Holiday!

Its Monday! And we survived, with all limbs intact and no drama! A good day if I do say so myself. I spent most of it cleaning, packing and moving stuff to my new place! Yess that's right I am leaving my "cozy" "little" 50+ year old house...for something only 20yo instead..heh.

But it is an upgrade..because its at least set up NORmAl! If I've learned anything in 2009, it was to be content in whatever state I found myself in, and I was. Yes this house was small, and all the floors slanted, and it only has one closet, and has ZERO storage space, hideous carpet.....etc..etc..

 Issues in other words.

But I somehow made it comfortable, livable, and I was more than happy with it! I was finally on my own how could I not be!?

But I can move on. *phew*

This is not to say "new' house doesn't have some issues as well.. the pipes burst over the winter freeze, so I'm without water until it is repaired, and the last tenants had their own stove, so I'm looking another one. My "landlords" would probably purchase one for me, but I'd like this one to be mine, so the next move, we can already have that in place!

BUUT it has central heat!! No more running heaters in every room of the house!! AAahh I'm so excited about that. Probably overly so but for me, its the little things that count!

The dogs will also get their own room, you laugh now, but these crates are just not pretty and take up a LOT of room! Its nice to get them out of the main sight. Looking for foam/rubber mats for that room, to help bring down my landlords blood pressure about having the dogs in the house. My dogs are housebroken, but accidents do occur occasionally. (Hence why they are called "accidents")

And hopefully I won't have to pay for internet anymore, if I can get a wireless adapter for my computer, it will allow me to pick up my parents wireless from up the hill.

Anyway I spent a lot of my day shuffling things. I decided not to pack boxes, its  pointless since I'm moving across the yard. This way I can go ahead and set things up like I want too.

I'm hoping I can get everything done between this week and next, or at least before the heavy homework loads start. There is NO way I can study if my house is only half put together. *Neat Freak*

I've pretty much come to the end of the things I can move. So while I was going stir crazy, I decided to go see if I could scare up something to eat, and take Pompei on an outing.

So we hit up the mall, checked out some shops, got a couple of pretzels from Auntie Anne's (if you don't have one of these in your town, you are TOTALLY missing out on the best pretzels in the WORLD!)


Than headed home, so I could get ready for choir practice. Tomorrow back to the grind of work and school.

Hoping you all had a great MLK day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new place!

Those pretzels are soo delish!