11.23.2009

Zee Weekenz

First a Big Happy Birthday to my 3rd sister Kristen!

Though it "pains" me to say this..(lol) I love my sister, and don't know what I'd do without her. Our relationship is probably at the best point ever; we've both are maturing, and able to get along!

 God of course plays a big part in this, but we can be in the car with each other for a couple of hours without arguing! BIG STEP THERE PEOPLE!!!

The "girls" and I surprised her by taking her to see a play (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) done by a community theater in Oak Ridge TN.

It lasted about 2 hours, and was very cute.(Despite having to wrestle with a 6mo puppy) I was dying for some candy afterward though! 

It was about 10PM when we left the play, which meant our meal options were limited too Taco Bell. (uh. NO.) and Applebee's. 

We chose Applebees, needless to say I don't really recommend going there late at night...while the food was good...we were suspicious that our waitress had been sampling the alcoholic beverages in the back....that and there was this guy who was sitting alone just staring at our table. I'm hoping it was just because we had a dog with us. *shudders*

We had a good time though despite that.

Saturday, I canceled my appointments and was looking forward to my first day home..in about 2 months.

I had just started into full relaxation mode (aka cleaning) when my dear sister comes down the hill. My older siblings (older than the younger ones, as I am the oldest) rarely come to my house and visit me. So I knew something was up.

Sure enough, there was "something on her mind". She and my other sister Robyn were scheduled to babysit for a couple; that they've worked for in the past. Well Robyn had gone and got herself sick; and Kristen didn't want to cancel out on these people again. (She switched last night to go out with us) So Naturally I was the next candidate for the job, with the added benefit of having a car..

Now I haven't babysat in about 3 years; with good reason too. There are some kids that just really turn you off of babysitting, and unfortunately I've come in contact with quite a few.

So the thought of spending the rest of my evening, and into the morning babysitting....uh....well...
But I decided to go, since I knew she would like the money. (I'm SUCH a good sister)

Our little charges were 3 young boys, 9, 7 and 4; and they were VERY excited to have a babysitter. When we arrived the litterally were bouning off the walls; and soooo cute.

Once their parents left they settled down...only marginally enough to play their PS2. After getting bored with that, we played hide-n-seek; then Twister (which was really funny because at one point we had the 4yo read the spinner....except for one simple fact. "WELL I CAN'T READ!")

After that went up stairs with the littlest ones, and starting reading a ghost story, but quickly ditched it for Calvin and Hobbs...which they TOTALLY did not get; but it was a great winder downer.

They went on to bed, while the oldest played his new Star Wars Game. Since we are awesome babysitters we gave him 30 EXTRA MINUTES, before sending him to bed.

After that we talked/played the PS2 until the parents came home at 2AM, and then got lost on the way home.

Believe me, the backwoods of TN is NOT where I want to be at 2AM; but I found my way back quickly(THANKFULLY), and went home and dropped into bed.

I'll definatly babysit for them again if needed; they boys were boys, but they listened, and respected us. Their perfect in my book!

In other news. Tomorrow is a big day for me. Can't say much but Pray for God's WIll.

TTFN
***************

2 comments:

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

Hope you have a Super Thanksgiving.

Kristen said...

*sniff* That was really...sweet...I love you too Ewin!