11.10.2009

Google Maps Hates Me

Or I hate them...I don't know...
What I do know is that I KNEW there was a reason I preferred MapQuest...!

Anyway so with the icky weather Ida is sending our way, my volunteers canceled there appointments at the kennels... (we have volunteers come and take the puppies housed there on outings...and my new job is to make sure they all are coming out on schedule...etc..etc..) So my boss kindly let me work from home....uh..finish working from home. Which was awesome, as I haven't spent a full day home in...a month. 

Once I got finished sending a bazillion emails, I went up to my parents house for some apple cider and watched the dogs play in the rain, getting wet and muddy and thoroughly enjoy themselves...(I am going to be such a fun mother).


I spent the rest of the afternoon, scrap-booking, making phone calls, and getting ready to go visit one of our newest foster families. Which of course, didn't include getting direction to this families house.

I mean why? My new (ultimate of coolness) phone, has google maps installed on it, and Sprint Navigation...how could I go wrong??

 Wellllll ........................

Did I mention it has been raining all day? And that It now gets dark at 6:00PM...but since its been raining it was getting dark around 5:30PM...?

Which makes driving on unfamiliar roads, in the dark, while trying to read small cell phone screens...extremely difficult.

Even after calling the lady I was to meet, I couldn't find the street sign in the dark, and had to turn around three times before finding it.....Google Maps had sent me all around the world, when I could have stuck to my normal course of travel, and gotten there so much quicker.

*sigh*

I so need a talking GPS..or I could just plan better...

The rest of the meeting went smoothly, I knew were i was and was able to head home no problem. We stopped and took Hope through a couple of stores......(WITHOUT BUYING A THING YAY ME!) She did reasonably well....need to work on her staying on my left side, and not forging ahead.

We made it home with minimal incidents after that, and I've been sitting here doing more work...and OMG how is it 11PM already?? #gag

TTYL

No comments: