Two, most of the people I know with "big" degrees, aren't using them. So my option was to attend a community college and do something useful. And that is of course my opinion.
So I attended AB-TECH for 2.5 years and loved it.....(for the most part) but quickly burned out on my major of choice, but had planned on going and ahead and finishing my degree. I don't like starting something and stopping in the middle.
But God had other ideas, and I found myself leaving, home, friends, and jobs; to move across the mountain, to the place I am today.
If you've read this blog, are my friend on facebook, follow me on Twitter or just know me.....you'll know that one of my passions is Photography. When I heard Pellissippi had an extensive course selection in that subject, I knew that was too be my major.
Is there "big" money in photography? No not really, but its something I love to do, and know I could be good at, so why not get some credentials? KWIM?
Unfortunately my dear mother had some other ideas. For most people college = money. I don't see it that way; I think experience = money, and college helps. So I'm not going to nessicarly base my choice of career on whether there is money in it. College for me is an opportunity to learn more about a subject or path you are interested in.
Anyways we had a long conversation about that.
Now I'm just confused.
-Oh yes, and while I'm on the subject of college....guess I'll be taking a break this semester. Don't have time to go to a campus and take classes, and they don't have any of "those" courses offered online so. :((((
No comments:
Post a Comment