8.28.2009

TGIF

Wow. That is pretty much the only word I can use, that will aptly describe this week. As you know I ....denied myself the opportunity to start school this semester.

Which turned out to be a very good thing.

Tuesday Ben (my service dog in training) and I went out to LC TN, for a presentation one of my co-workers was doing for Wilderwood.

But before I went out, my boss (with WSD) contacted me and schedule me to meet her after, I was finished with that, so I could drop off Ben, and so we could discuss "administrative changes".
Uh. Oh.

The presentation went really well, we watched a video featuring some of the parents that have received our dogs for the kids. It really brought home for me, once again why I was in this organization. Anyway so after all that was said and done. We drove the 38 minutes to WSD Headquarters for my meeting.

1 hour later I am sitting on the couch, mouth hanging wide open, pretty much in shock. 2 hours later, I am semi back to normal, and trying to contribute helpful ideas, and points. 3 hours later I've talked to both parents and co-worker and have purchased 5 new books. {Ok the books aren't relavent, but they were my concolation prize}

So I don't reveal anything I shouldn't, my job is basically doing an overhaul, and I'll have to be putting in more actual work hours. The mental hurdle is a high one, just because we are just doing something totally different, ..the longer I debate it in my mind, and voice it too my family, the more I can see the merits, and the good, I am concerned about some parts of it, but there are some aspects that I really think will be beneficial to our program, to the families.....I think about 85% on board with the new program.
Another thing is my free time is pretty much gone, since I'll have to travel to LC at least three times a week. {Which is OnLy 45 minutes away...one way.}

I was really upset about that, until I actually stopped and wrought down what all I actually spend my free time doing:
  • Sleeping
  • Reading
  • Playing on the Computer
  • Sleeping
  • Playing/Training with the dogs
  • Hanging out with friends
  • Cleaning my house.....
In other words I'll still have some time, and this does mean a pay raise, so I'm just a little bit closer to "My Car'. phooey.lol

My current schedule has been awesome, only working MF= 9-3 & W= 8-4 and having 4 days off. I loved that schedule and refused to even want to move up to a 40 hr work week.

Ever heard the phrase: "Wanna make God laugh? Tell him your plans"

Yeah. I have the feeling that God is laughing right now.

New Schedule:
Monday - 9-3
Tuesday - 10-4 (or something like that)
Wednesday - 8-4
Thursday - 10-4
Friday - 9-3
Saturday~ 10- 4

No comments: