1.29.2009

Kville

Well its official! I am a Kvillian; Tuesday night I brought the last of my things over, and am in the process of settling in. This house is old, and has many issues, but one of the biggest issues it has was the musty/moldly smell. I couldn't spend much time in the house with out getting a severe headache; and personally I didn't know how I was going to spend...days or months in that place.

Until last week.

One of the families in our congregation has severe asthma issues and they have a very expensive Air Purifier in the church. It also does something called "Ozonate" (look it up on Google) and it kind of breaks down the smell or something. Anyways you can't be in the house when it is giong through its process. So Wednesday morning, I woked up extra early, so I could get ready, feed the dogs and get them up to the parsonage, so I could run this machine while I was at my interview.

As it turns out, I had extra time before I had to leave; (yay me).
The interview went very well....so well in fact, I left with a job and a dog!!

I am official a trainer for Wilderwood Service Dogs, and my first trainee is Tim, a flat coat/lab cross. I am to finish up his training, by March.
Its going to be a challenge because a.) I haven't worked with an older dog from the git-go and b.) Different org, different training methods etc..etc..
But I'm ready for it and willing to learn!

I'm just glad to have a dog by my side again....a great confidence booster :D

After I left, I had to find a feed and seed store, so I could get this dog his specialized food, but got my self thoroughly lost DESPITE having a GPS.
After going in a circle THREE times, I went back to the road I knew, and went home. The house smelled WORLDS better; No headaches yet!!!!! WaahooO!!

Today was mostly just cleaning..kitchen,rearranging my living room furniture, walking the dogs, and washing my sheets (Bubbles threw up in the middle of the night),

Tried Panera for the first time tonight, I had a Italian Combo Sandwhich ....SOoooo Good!!!!

Anyway, got to get some more studying in before I sleep

TTYL!!!

Erin and Co.

3 comments:

Groomer Angie said...

Wow! Congrats on the job! You must be so excited! Glad you got the smell problem taken care of too!
Hugs to all the pups

Madison said...

Are you a puppy raiser like position or an actual trainer?

Erin said...

No I'm a trainer, and its a paid position!