11.23.2008

Puppies Vs. Children - Teen Perspective.

Today at lunch, part of the discussion flying among my friends and I, were what we would rather have. Kids or Puppies. Don't ask me why, just read. *ahem*
For me as a 19-year-old, the thought of being a mother, is scary; 18 years of, training, teaching worry, stress, "fighting".....what if I do something wrong and turn my kids against me?
While I don't NOT want children, the responsibility of them is soo great, its not something I take lightly.
So at this moment in time; I am for the puppies 100%.

Puppies:
  • Potty trained by six-months-old
  • Adults by 1 year old
  • Can be crated when you need a break
  • Can't talk
  • Are willing to be with you where ever you want to go
  • Aren't demanding
  • Don't Complain
  • Mature quickly
  • Comforting
  • Are happy with the same old meal 365 days a year
  • Are happy to see you no matter how long you've been gone
  • Can't hit you and or punch you...although a bite would be worse then that....

Kids:

  • In Diapers until at least 3
  • Are demanding
  • Can't walk until 1-3 years old
  • Can't be crated in order for you to have a break.
  • Will fight naps
  • Can't be walked to make them tired
  • Can't be re-homed if its not working out..*snicker*
  • You can get sick if they do
  • Have to a variety of meals
  • Complain
  • Talk Back
  • Throw Tantrums
  • Have fits
  • Grow up and think they know more then their parents

The list could go on and on with both sides. Which is why I say once again (as I know my mother is reading this in horror) I want children, but not in the near future!

If you think about it, really and truly, my parents and other adults should be happy I feel this way about children, because that means the likely hood of me being a teenage mother is pretty much nil. There is no way I'm going to put myself in a position where this could be the result.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh...yeah, I've compared 'em before, too. :)

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Puppies 100% but for the record, dachshunds do complain and are demanding.

Thanks for coming by our blog!!

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

thepuppyraiser said...

Amen my friend!