10.04.2008

Round Robin Challenge: The End of Summer


The end of the summer for me, is a trip across the mountian to our annual, Campmeeting.
Or a Tent Revival... whatever it is, the weather during the day is normally that perfect fall weather..but as the night falls we are hauling out blankets, and warm drinks.

11 comments:

Jan AKA Wammy said...

It looks like the WV turnpike. Traveled dow that raod many, many times. Take me home country roads!

Good luck with all the newness in your life. It is all a new adventure. Enjoy it too.

Teena in Toronto said...

I hate to see the end of summer :( It's 9C right now! Brrr!

I played too.

maryt/theteach said...

Erin and Midnight, hope you have a wonderful Autumn! I'd like to follow your blog and I will try but I'm very busy teaching at a community college. I think what you are doing Erin, raising a guide dog is a very generous thing to do! I have posted for Round Robin. Come visit! :)

Carly said...

What a lovely road. It looks a lot like Hwy 13 here in the Oakland/Berkeley hills. :) Jeepers, I haven't been camping in years. It sounds like a wonderful time.

Carly

Sandra said...

thanks for sharing. Yes as wammy said, looks like WV. Prayers that your new ventures go well. Life is a big adventure!

ellen b. said...

That's fun to have a special event to mark the end of Summer. Enjoy!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like a road that will take you somewhere interesting..Your adventure raising Midnight must also be quite a journey! :)

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Ah, you make me want to hit the road, for a log drive Back East!

alphawoman said...

I suppose each of us has one certain trip that is associated with the changing of the seasons...Mine is to go down to the road to the Keeneland Racte track! Which reminds me, I have not photgraphed that in a very long time.

Kiva said...

What a wonderful way to transition from summer to fall. I bet there's a lot of excitement at the end of that road.

Anonymous said...

Blankets & warm drinks... cozy for the coming cold! It's hard to dislike the end of summer with so many pointing out the goodness in it all!