6.17.2008

Organizing

Guess what...
I deleted all of my scrapbooking stuff.
Yep. Thats right...all 3GBs worth of stuff, down the drain.
I sat in horror as I watched the little bar delete thousands of JPGS.
Did I hit the cancel button?
NO!
Why?
Because I thought I had moved it thats why!!!
SOoo since that time, I have been on a "shopping spree."
Going through the archives of every Freebie Hunter I can find.
Thankfully some of the ones I couldn't find were on CD...*whew.*
But this also allowed me to get some great new stuff and organize it as well!!
I'm really proud of my new system!!
Take a look:
First I have all my scrap-booking things in on file...aptly named Scrap-booking Stuff....

Screen1
Then I made 7 file folders named according to how I look for things....Alphas, Elements, Designers, Kits, Mini kits, Papers, Word Art...etc.. 
Now as you can see....on my Mac, there are no previews as to what is in the folders as their are on PCs. So I have come up with my own way of seeing what is inside, with out clicking through every folder in the place. 


Screen2
Most Kits,Freebies...whatever, will come with a preview of everything you downloaded. 
So I just took those out of the folder named them 0_Filename and thus I can just look there to see if I have what i need! 
Works GREAT for me! 
I'm so proud of myself.
YAY ME!!!  lol

And just to make this post a bit longer.... I am in the process of making Rei's Scrapbook...and BOY is it harder then I thought! I guess because I don't have any recent memories of her, its hard to make it personal and "hers"...kwim??
But once inspiration comes to me it comes!! lol So heres what I did last night...and the night before as well :-) 


Rei -4 months old
Anna & Caroline
Bubbles

my sister and i in the mirror
Credits Coming Soon....

No comments: