Piano Lessons...
I started Piano lessons again today. It was nice,sad and weird all at the same time; because this is the first time I've gone to piano lessons by myself..
I can't participate in any recitals, no more competitions to prepare for, no talent shows...
Its kind of no fun.
But I need the practice... so on I plunge. It is nice to have assignments to do again, this time I plan to practice hard; and long..... and I need to cut my finger nails...can't play with your nails...have to use your fingers....
The Nails...
Apparently Midnight does not like me clipping my finger nails. Around 5 or so, I'll take her out of the play yard and let her hang out me so there is one less dog in the yard, and so she can play with her JR friend Zipper...(one of my bosses dogs.) So anyways, Midnight was laying at my feet, playing with a toy, while I was searching for my purse for my clipper.
I pull it out and begin trimming one nail. Midnight jumps up from her down position and sticks her nose on the clippers...trying to figure out what it was!
I moved on to the next finger, and she tried to take the clippers from my hand.. So i put the clippers down and let her smell my fresh cut finger...she sniffed...and licked, and the nibbled..(you never know you know..might be food in disguise as a finger!!)
So I resumed my clipping...and Midnight resumed her shall we say "rescue".
And she did this until both my hands were done.
After I put the clippers up she was fine...
Maybe she thinks I'm hurting myself...
Weirddd....
Other then that...
Things still look pretty hopeless as far as the NY Trip goes. I'm resigned to it now I guess.
We also dropped by the park to see some of our friends on the way home.
I must say that although Midnight is naturally calm and laid back, she managed to impress even me as well today.
I kept her coat on as it was a no-pets-allowed, zone, and I didn't want to leave her in the car.
I was prepared to do some correcting, just because she loves kids, and I knew with all the activity going on it was going to be hard for her to be still.
But wonder of wanders...
I went and sat down at one of the picnic tables, with my friends.. and was chatting away.. petting Midnight's head.
She in turn was sitting watching all the goings on; and after a while, laid down, and watched from under the table. She seems to recognize that kids need special care, and laid very still while a 2 year old little boy, squatted down in front of her and waved and giggled at her.
And then stood nicely while another child hugged her neck.
My friends were impressed with her as well...and we got lots of compliments such as, wow she is very calm...compared to....we shall name no names.
Now
I'm about to head on to bed, long day tomorrow.
*sigh*
No comments:
Post a Comment