5.04.2014

#I'mASurvivor

I put a potato in the oven for dinner two hours ago. I just now realized that the oven wasn't on. Can we just blame it on finals brain?

I am one paper away from officially closing the books on Spring Term 2014! To say this has been an intense semester is a gross understatement. I knew working full time and taking classes would be difficult, what I didn't foresee, was becoming an area coordinator for the Gui.de Dog Fo.undation (responsibilities include: running bi-monthly meetings, coming up with times, places and content for said meetings, reviewing tri-monthly evaluations, and dealing with issues as they arose.), taking in another puppy (i'm officially insane. I knew two puppies is a lot, but he was cuuute ... see?)



Insert lots of stressful life decisions/ work drama and you have my life this spring.

Study Sesh @ Panera 

Despite all of that, I really enjoyed being a college student again, I felt since my classes were more relevant to the work I do on a day-to-day basis, and I got more out of them than the two other majors I 'tried out'. Right now I'm majoring in Business Administration, because after working at six different places with different levels of monument dedication.. (shall we say) I'm ready for my turn to make a difference in the work force ... I think.

Right now I'm hunting for an administrative assistant position, as I feel I have all the skills nessecary for that postion, and would be good at it. Now if only I would get my nerve up to actually apply for these positions in a timely manner, instead of procrastinating until they've been taking down.

Ah well. It probably wasn't the job for me anyway.

Now that I can taste the end of the semester, I'm extremely excited to get some goals accomplished this summer. I've learned a lot over the past few months, and I want to go into next semester prepared. So

Plans and Things for Summer 2014
  1. Establish Credit 
    • I have FINALLY found someone who will lend me money and not ask for an arm, a leg and $700. I almost signed up for it this week, but decided to wait until I actually had the deposit amount (and some cushion) before jumping in. Also, I found that I do better thinking things through, rather than making snap decisions. (see also: 2013) 
    • Accomplishing this goal: The thing about me, is that my money and I are soon parted, so in order for me to get a credit card I have to have a specific goal in mind for it, or I'll wind up blowing it. I've run through several different options. I could Pay a huge chunk of my vet bill, but that would use all the credit at one time, and I'd have a monthly bill forever and ever amen. I could pay off my remaining school debt. But I'd be in the same boat as with my vet bill. Right now neither of those bills are incurring interest, and are best paid off in big chunks. However, I do need to replace one tire on my car and I need more window a/c units. Both of these are small purchases and I could pay cash for them, therefore it makes sense to purchase it on the card, and immediately pay it off. Credit begins to get established and I'm ... well establishing credit. 
  2. Internet! 
    • This one is pretty self-explanatory. I'm so tired of having to stay propped up by a window in order to steal my neighbors internet. (Don't worry, they know I'm doing it, so it's all kosher) 
    • How I will accomplish this goal: Pay off school, then celebrate by calling Co.mcast to come out and set me up. The end. 
  3. Apply for Four Year Schoool 
    • So one of the roadblocks I ran into this semester was the fact that I've taken way too many credit hours for a associates degree. You would think that I should be congratulated on that fact, but noooo they slapped my hand, and took away all my financial aid. "Too many credit hours attempted at a two year institution. Now I'm stuck trying to find a four year school, offering the same program that my community college is offering. UT is an option of course, but they are expensive. 
    • How I will accomplish this goal: Start reseraching schools, and applying 
  4. Apply for a job as an Admin Assist
    • It's time to move on from my current position. Just a matter of finding another place. 
    • Goal Strategy: Start applying. 
  5. Home Improvement 
    • Really want add some plants/ landscaping to the outside, finish kitchen decor, figure out my bedroom ... can we say ka-ching, ka-ching
  6. Establish a workable Morning Routine/ Weekly PLanning Routine 
    • The organizer in me loves routines, (We'll call her Tina) she loves the idea of routines, she loves creating routines, for her the monotony/autonomy of routines is absolutely delightful.. Because it means things are getting done. However, the lazy girl (we'll call her Erin) likes the idea of routines, but dislikes enacting them. She likes to blame her inability to accomplish things on the fact that she is gone 12 hours a day, has six animals to take care of, and really can do nothing more than sit on her behind after a long day. Erin and Tina have some kinks to work out in this relationship. This is the summer its.going.to.happen.
    • Maybe. 
    • Goal Strategy:
  7. No. More. Puppies 
    1. Just. Say. No 
What are your plans for this summer? 

No comments: