5.09.2013

Month 6, Day 9

Today I just felt like baking. Vacation Bible School starts in just a few short days and each adult is supposed to provide three dozen cookies on a day we picked. I always always always forget to bring stuff when asked. Never fails. Except for this time. I was talking to my sister about VBS when she mention how tired she was of the standard store bought fair we get every year. 

I suddenly realized how right she was and determined in my heart to be the change I wanted to see. 

So after a nap I sat down at my computer and searched Pinterest / Google for the perfect Chickfila-esk chunk recipe. 

Or may I did that first and ten took a nap. I'm not sure. Anyways both of those happened and I soon found myself taking inventory of my supplies and going too seek more. 

Fast forward a couple of hours and trip through Walmart a batch of cream chese pineapple dip whipped and a pause to clean patio furniture for the snack area, I had my ingredients and was ready to make my cookies. 

I think we've all made homemade cookies a time or two, but this recipe was so specific on how things should be I just knew these cookies would be awesome. 

And they were. I think I'll tweak the recipe a bit and add more chocolate and some oatmeal but other that it. They were delicious. 

Happy sigh. 

erin leigh

No comments: