Its official. I'm 90% debt free.
If that sentence seemed anti-climatic, its because that's exactly how it felt upon hitting the "submit" button. My dad had been at my house that evening, getting my washing machine up in running (for the first time in almost two years!)
I was sharing with him, how close I was to finish paying of my tuition, and how I was just waiting for the "right" moment to pay it. (aka making sure all my bills for that month were taken care of)
Within moments the expected fussing began.
"Erin I know its seems like a good thing to do, but you really just need to go ahead and pay if off, I've been where you .... "
I'll admit there are times when I feel like a kid again, wanting to roll my eyes, and feel as if I know best. But this time I knew he was right. I had the money. If I didn't go ahead and use it for its dedicated purpose, I would find myself spending it on more scarves.
So as he talked on, I sucked it up, navigated to the appropriate site and made my final payment.
There was no applause, no "Hallelujah chorus", no confetti falling from the ceiling.
In fact my dad was still lecturing me on the merits of just going ahead and doing "the right thing."
"Its done"
"... were, but have learned the best thing is just ... what?"
"I paid it off. Its all done."
Aw Honey! Here let me give you a sympathy hug.
That's the moment I realized that yes my dad DID really feel my pain.
So now I've been debt free for almost two weeks. (Debts not including my car)
Though anti-climatic, the good news is I finally got to see my grades from almost a year and a half ago. I pretty much knew what I'd received, but seeing it in black and white makes it more "official."
No F's this semester!
*phew*
Two B's and a A.
So... what does this mean for the future you ask? Don't worry, I'm asking the same question. And to be honest ... I don't know. There are a lot of variables in this situation, and its far to early to be able to say without a doubt that Yes school is in my foreseeable future.
I hope and pray it is.
I miss it. As odd as that sounds, I do.

If that sentence seemed anti-climatic, its because that's exactly how it felt upon hitting the "submit" button. My dad had been at my house that evening, getting my washing machine up in running (for the first time in almost two years!)
I was sharing with him, how close I was to finish paying of my tuition, and how I was just waiting for the "right" moment to pay it. (aka making sure all my bills for that month were taken care of)
Within moments the expected fussing began.
"Erin I know its seems like a good thing to do, but you really just need to go ahead and pay if off, I've been where you .... "
I'll admit there are times when I feel like a kid again, wanting to roll my eyes, and feel as if I know best. But this time I knew he was right. I had the money. If I didn't go ahead and use it for its dedicated purpose, I would find myself spending it on more scarves.
There was no applause, no "Hallelujah chorus", no confetti falling from the ceiling.
In fact my dad was still lecturing me on the merits of just going ahead and doing "the right thing."
"Its done"
"... were, but have learned the best thing is just ... what?"
"I paid it off. Its all done."
Aw Honey! Here let me give you a sympathy hug.
That's the moment I realized that yes my dad DID really feel my pain.
So now I've been debt free for almost two weeks. (Debts not including my car)
Though anti-climatic, the good news is I finally got to see my grades from almost a year and a half ago. I pretty much knew what I'd received, but seeing it in black and white makes it more "official."
No F's this semester!
*phew*
Two B's and a A.
So... what does this mean for the future you ask? Don't worry, I'm asking the same question. And to be honest ... I don't know. There are a lot of variables in this situation, and its far to early to be able to say without a doubt that Yes school is in my foreseeable future.
I hope and pray it is.
I miss it. As odd as that sounds, I do.

No comments:
Post a Comment