Another year, another obligatory post about said new year. As IF you all were unaware 2012 had ended and 2013 was underway. Most blog posts near the beginning of the year, are filled with hopes and dreams for the next 365 days. Ideas/plans and thoughts about how this year could be better than the next fill our thoughts and reader feeds.
That is not this post.
This post is a be prepared for the onslaught of posts next week, but just wanted to say "hi" this week post.
The beginning of 2013 has already started off with a bang, and I haven't been able to stop long enough to really flesh out my thoughts.
Friday - Monday I was in Alabama.
We arrived home at 1:30AM on Tuesday morning, and I came home to a house full of dirty doggies; so I spent the next 30 minutes clipping and bathing one of them. Got up at 10:30AM the next morning and cared for all four dogs, and started doing some organizing. I spent a lot of the day at home, not because I'd planned on it, but was hoping to meet up with friends later on that afternoon.
When they hadn't made an appearance by 6:00PM I ventured out in search of food on New Years day. In fact it wasn't until 1:00AM, just as I was headed to bed, that I got a phone call from my mother (of all people) informing me that "the folks had arrived and they were headed to Applebee's."
Thanks to my 20oz of Dr. Pepper I was still fully dressed and only had to grab my keys and purse and head out of the door.
Three hours later, I arrive back home crawl into bed only to be awakened at 9:00AM by my furry alarm clocks. I mean HONESTLY. Can't a body sleep in on her day off? Nope.
Knowing I had a bazzillion things to do anyway, I pried myself out of bed and readied myself for the trying day ahead. For you see, I'd agreed to take on of the dogs I was housing back to the shelter for her owner.. (something I don't think I can ever do again) This dog wasn't right for their family, and I knew that she really needed another home.. I just wasn't prepared for the emotional wrenching of handing a dog over to these people. Luckily I don't think she'll be there long as there were five people in line when this family took her.
But I digress. I had a plan for the day.
At this point, I couldn't care if he honks until doomsday, I refuse to look back over. #shudders
I climb into my car, and pull off and realize he's pulling off too. Great.. is he coming over here? Will he block me in with his truck? Do I know this guy?
Thankfully he pulls pasts honking and waving the entire time.
Throughly annoyed now, I go to another gas station, transfer the last little bit of money from my savings, get enough gas to move on and head to work.
Luckily these next two stops go as planned, and since my dah-ling mother hadn't even left yet I headed on to the shelter.
Let me tell you, it was rough. I can't imagine how anyone would be willing to give a pet they purchased/raised from a puppy back to this place. (Not speaking of S-Dogs latest adopters but the ones who had her from a puppy). She knew where she was immediately and sat beneath a chair while we waited the long minutes until our turn arrived.
From that point everything went pretty quickly. S-Dog was admitted I made a mad dash for my car, and David and I took off for a bit of retail therapy. The rest of the day proceeded as planned and I made it home in time to take a nap, before church that night.
Alas the weirdness of the day was not to end there.
Nope.
My alarm went off, and in true "me style" I turned it off and promptly went back to sleep. But I paid for it. Next thing I know, I'm dreaming I am sleep and have sleep walked outside. In my dream I wake up, and realize that I'm laying on grass, and can actually FEEL the grass.
How in the world did I get out here? I wonder as I cautiously stand, carefully wrapping my blanket around me to protect from the cold. A man is walking towards me. Shadowed by the night, I know I am defensive-less. I am standing in the middle of someones yard, there is no where to hide!
So I did what any girl would do.
I screamed.
Not a high pitched girl scream. Nooo no no no no no. A deep, guttural mouth wide open, teeth bared, animal like scream.
Then I had the nerve to wonder how hideous I looked and if that's what scared the man off. (Because that scream def kept him moving, and also looks matter regardless of whether the guy is a creep or not. At least to my subconscious)
At this point in my dream I realize I'm going to have to start walking home, in my pajamas; and I don't no where I am. I also come to the realization that this is all a dream and I need to wake up. And so with an effort I force my eyes open and discover my house is pitch black dark.
First thing I think? You slept through church! Its 11:00PM! How are you going to explain this one to your dad?
Second thing I think. Surely the dogs didn't sleep through people arriving for church!? They NEVER do that.
Third thing is the logical thing of course.. Where's my phone?
Once I recovered sufficiently to realize I hadn't slept through church, I was able to proceed with my preparations for said event.
Life has moved on at a slower pace today. I haaatteee 7-8AM in the morning, but LOVE getting off during daylight hours.
I think I'd like my job more if I worked "normal" hours. This is not the a job that's conducive to a social life. That's fo sho.
I digress.
So the point of this post is to say I've been busy. Hopefully Saturday I will get a chance to sit down and flesh out a bit more of my thoughts and hopes for this year. But only after I recover from work and the emotional trauma of having to send David away for 3-4 weeks.
Made even more traumatic by the fact that he's only got 2-3 months left with me. :-|
Noope. Not bitter at allllll.
Soo see you guys next week?

That is not this post.
This post is a be prepared for the onslaught of posts next week, but just wanted to say "hi" this week post.
The beginning of 2013 has already started off with a bang, and I haven't been able to stop long enough to really flesh out my thoughts.
Friday - Monday I was in Alabama.
We arrived home at 1:30AM on Tuesday morning, and I came home to a house full of dirty doggies; so I spent the next 30 minutes clipping and bathing one of them. Got up at 10:30AM the next morning and cared for all four dogs, and started doing some organizing. I spent a lot of the day at home, not because I'd planned on it, but was hoping to meet up with friends later on that afternoon.
When they hadn't made an appearance by 6:00PM I ventured out in search of food on New Years day. In fact it wasn't until 1:00AM, just as I was headed to bed, that I got a phone call from my mother (of all people) informing me that "the folks had arrived and they were headed to Applebee's."
Thanks to my 20oz of Dr. Pepper I was still fully dressed and only had to grab my keys and purse and head out of the door.
Three hours later, I arrive back home crawl into bed only to be awakened at 9:00AM by my furry alarm clocks. I mean HONESTLY. Can't a body sleep in on her day off? Nope.
Knowing I had a bazzillion things to do anyway, I pried myself out of bed and readied myself for the trying day ahead. For you see, I'd agreed to take on of the dogs I was housing back to the shelter for her owner.. (something I don't think I can ever do again) This dog wasn't right for their family, and I knew that she really needed another home.. I just wasn't prepared for the emotional wrenching of handing a dog over to these people. Luckily I don't think she'll be there long as there were five people in line when this family took her.
But I digress. I had a plan for the day.
- Pick up the dogs information from her owners house (they were on vacation and told me where to find the key.)
- Get enough gas to get to work (Since I was out of town I missed getting my paycheck. Thank GOD direct deposit starts next go around)
- Pick up David and Cheque from "Work"
- Deposit Cheque
- Meet Mom @ Mall to switch my cell phone account to theres (and saving me about $60 a month. AW YEAAAH!)
- Take Dog to Shelter
- Comfort myself with a trip to McKay's Used Books
- Get Food
- GO Home.
Sounded simple enough, but it was NOT meant to be. First mishap of the day? I forget my coat. Its cold outside, but I figured I was only going to be in it long enough to get from here to there, and a coat is bulky and would just get in the way. However when I arrived at S-Dogs owner's house, I couldn't find the key. Anywhere.
It. Was. Cold.
We finally found it, grabbed the information and sped towards my next destination; in the mean time calling my mother and pushing off our meeting time a bit.
My next stop, was to put enough gas in my tank to make it to my workplace five miles away. I knew my gas tank wasn't the only thing running low, but figured I had enough to get at least a couple of gallons. But after my card being denied a couple times at two different pumps, and my other card stopping at $2.99. I knew something was wrong.
Not only that but there was a truck driver who was incessantly honking his horn while I attempted to figure this all out. I glanced around to see who was honking and noticed him seem to wave at someone.
Was it me? Nah he didn't look familiar, so I turn back to what I was doing.
The honking started up again.
I look back, he waves.
I look away decisively this time.
He honks AGAIN.
At this point, I couldn't care if he honks until doomsday, I refuse to look back over. #shudders
I climb into my car, and pull off and realize he's pulling off too. Great.. is he coming over here? Will he block me in with his truck? Do I know this guy?
Thankfully he pulls pasts honking and waving the entire time.
Throughly annoyed now, I go to another gas station, transfer the last little bit of money from my savings, get enough gas to move on and head to work.
Luckily these next two stops go as planned, and since my dah-ling mother hadn't even left yet I headed on to the shelter.
Let me tell you, it was rough. I can't imagine how anyone would be willing to give a pet they purchased/raised from a puppy back to this place. (Not speaking of S-Dogs latest adopters but the ones who had her from a puppy). She knew where she was immediately and sat beneath a chair while we waited the long minutes until our turn arrived.
From that point everything went pretty quickly. S-Dog was admitted I made a mad dash for my car, and David and I took off for a bit of retail therapy. The rest of the day proceeded as planned and I made it home in time to take a nap, before church that night.
Alas the weirdness of the day was not to end there.
Nope.
My alarm went off, and in true "me style" I turned it off and promptly went back to sleep. But I paid for it. Next thing I know, I'm dreaming I am sleep and have sleep walked outside. In my dream I wake up, and realize that I'm laying on grass, and can actually FEEL the grass.
How in the world did I get out here? I wonder as I cautiously stand, carefully wrapping my blanket around me to protect from the cold. A man is walking towards me. Shadowed by the night, I know I am defensive-less. I am standing in the middle of someones yard, there is no where to hide!
So I did what any girl would do.
I screamed.
Not a high pitched girl scream. Nooo no no no no no. A deep, guttural mouth wide open, teeth bared, animal like scream.
Then I had the nerve to wonder how hideous I looked and if that's what scared the man off. (Because that scream def kept him moving, and also looks matter regardless of whether the guy is a creep or not. At least to my subconscious)
At this point in my dream I realize I'm going to have to start walking home, in my pajamas; and I don't no where I am. I also come to the realization that this is all a dream and I need to wake up. And so with an effort I force my eyes open and discover my house is pitch black dark.
First thing I think? You slept through church! Its 11:00PM! How are you going to explain this one to your dad?
Second thing I think. Surely the dogs didn't sleep through people arriving for church!? They NEVER do that.
Third thing is the logical thing of course.. Where's my phone?
Once I recovered sufficiently to realize I hadn't slept through church, I was able to proceed with my preparations for said event.
Life has moved on at a slower pace today. I haaatteee 7-8AM in the morning, but LOVE getting off during daylight hours.
I think I'd like my job more if I worked "normal" hours. This is not the a job that's conducive to a social life. That's fo sho.
I digress.
So the point of this post is to say I've been busy. Hopefully Saturday I will get a chance to sit down and flesh out a bit more of my thoughts and hopes for this year. But only after I recover from work and the emotional trauma of having to send David away for 3-4 weeks.
Made even more traumatic by the fact that he's only got 2-3 months left with me. :-|
Noope. Not bitter at allllll.
Soo see you guys next week?


No comments:
Post a Comment