12.19.2012

I miss it.


As much as I love living in K-Town there are days when I really miss what I call my "old life." While I wouldn't have said so at the time, things were just so much simpler. I was in school with the goal to graduate from the Web Design Program, I had a nice part time job, I was raising guide dog puppies, and was active in our guide dog group. I had a great church family and life was good.


I felt like I had direction.

Then it all turned upside down.

This is not to say the move wasn't good for me, it was. But I miss the surety (at least in my mind) of life five years ago.

Right now life just feels, pointless. Well perhaps that's not the right word, but some days I get up going. What in the world am I doing? I know there is one out there, but at the moment I don't know how to find it, and all my current endeavors just leave me frustrated at the end of the day. I have a job that pays the bills, but not one I particularly enjoy, I'm stuck with a debt to pay off before I can finish my schooling, and even things such as puppy raising have lost their appeal.

Will I quit striving at any of the above? No, but at the same time I just don't feel as .... I don't even know. Words can't express how thankful I have for my week long christmas break.

I need it.

P.S ( I also miss photoshop. Gimp just doesn't cut it.)

erin leigh

No comments: