I'm not a huge fan of the Italian style, meat, sauce, cheese and noodle dishes. While I'll eat them every blue moon, or I generally don't make it for myself; I hate wasting food, and these type dishes, inevitably get wasted at my house. When I came across the recipe for mini lasagna cups on Pinterest, I knew that I might have found a way to balance my dislike of leftovers with, my like of the lasagna taste.
I was right!
They came out perfectly, and I ate three of them before my stomach complained! I also brought them to work for lunch, and they warm up really well. The only thing I could complain about is, the crisp edges, but that's easily enough taken care of by breaking them off.
It was very simple to make, and was done in less than an hour! Finding the wonton wrappers, called for in the recipe was the only difficult part. I went through three different stores, before I located them in the produce section at Wal-Mart. I've heard phyllo dough can be substituted for wonton wrappers, and was going to try that myself, but I, luckily, found the actual thing. :)
Want the recipe? Check it out here: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dinner/mini-lasagna-cups.html
Happy Monday Everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment