12.09.2011

What I'm Reading..

What I'm Reading banner
Indelible
Kristen Heitzmann 

In a clash of light and darkness, can courage prevail? 
Rescuing a toddler from the jaws of a mountain lion, Trevor MacDaniel, a high-country outfi tter, sets in motion events he can’t foresee. His act of bravery entwines his life with gifted sculptor Natalie Reeve—and attracts a grim admirer.

Trevor’s need to guard and protect is born of tragedy, prompting his decision to become a search and rescue volunteer. Natalie’s gift of sculpting comes from an unusual disability that seeks release through her creative hands. In each other they see strength and courage as they face an incomprehensible foe.

When a troubled soul views Trevor as archangel and adversary, Redford’s peaceful mountain community is threatened. Together with Police Chief Jonah Westfall, Trevor presses his limits to combat the menace who targets the most helpless and innocent.

----- 

After reading Kristen Heitzmann's Indivisible, the first book in this series, I was thrilled to find she'd written another. However it took me a while to get into the story; the bevy of characters introduced and followed throughout the book was a bit overwhelming. She starts out introducing the key characters, Trevor, ex-Olympian skier, search and rescue volunteer, and a business owner (can we say over achiever?), Natalie an artist with an eidetic memory, (something I had to Google to see if it was indeed real), Cody, Natalie's nephew whom Trevor rescued from a Mountain Lion, Aaron & Paige Cody's parents, the come Fluer, Lena, Whit & Sara, not to mention the characters from the previous book. I'll admit I clicked on this book several times on my iPhone and went to something else, before I decided to skip the first chapter and dive on into the story. Once I did that, I couldn't put it down. Despite the many characters, I felt Ms. Heitzmann did a good job at not only developing their characters, but the disabilities as well. The plot line, though similar in some ways to her previous book, took you on a whole new ride, this time involving children, danger and a whole host of other things. I felt as if I were on an emotional roller-coaster through out. Over all I really enjoyed this book.

I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review

Download Chapter Excerpts through the Sneak Peek program.
Blogging for Books Twitter Page
WaterBrook Multnomah’s Facebook Page


No comments: