![]() |
| Wedding Cake at the wedding I attended Saturday |
Today's wedding was nice, very well put together for the couple only to have gotten engaged two months ago. But honestly? I was stressing watching everyone else stress out over little things. While these feeling's aren't new for me, being at another wedding just brings them too the forefront of my mind. Gone are the days were I dreamed of "my" day and what I'd do. Watching my friend in 2009, then my roommate last year has killed all joy at the thought of weddings.
There are too many traditions, opinions, and feelings to worry about.. in a word.. too many people. Whoever said it was all about the bride? They were wrong. I would know after listening to people stress about what this one would say, or if they did this what would so-and-so think.
I'd be happy to have the pastor, me + future hubby + my immediate family and close friends. That would be a day for me.
And future whomever.
Then we can have a party with lots of well wishers and the like. No cake cutting, bouquet or garter toss or the silly thing you do with the drinks, intertwining hands and what not. WHERE did that tradition come from?
Why are you worrying about this Erin? I know that's what you're wondering.. well I'm not really, but with the majority of my childhood friends dating, engaged, or married. Its something I'll have to think about more. Which is another scary thought.
You know... I really have a project to finish.
Good Night.


2 comments:
Boy do I ever understand. I had a really small wedding. Around 75 people, and I wished it was a little smaller. Most of them were family and really close friends. It was still ridiculous how stressful the week leading up to the wedding was. However! On my wedding day, it was all perfect. It didn't run smoothly at all, but I was so not stressed. I didn't do any of the bouquet/garter tossing or speeches or anything. I think the most organized part was prayer and cake cutting. I was just focused on leaving with a husband. :) I'm glad I didn't do all the "traditions".
"I was just focused on leaving with a husband." - Haha I love it! Sounds like your day was special for you and you accomplished your goal! :)
Post a Comment