...It started one monday morning. I woke up irritated with the world, I was even irritated that I was irritated an absolutely nothing. Stupid Irrational female emotions.
Ok that has nothing to do with my story, but I wanted to include that in here. Don't ask. ...and I won't tell. :)
I've been given lots of time this week, to put my "resolutions/goal" of procrastinating less into practice.
Much to my.....irritation....My knee jerk reaction ,to being faced with something big, or overwhelming, is to put it off for as long as possible.
Cause we all know that makes things much easier to handle.
First situation was school: This whole transcript fiasco required me to go the extra mile, not just fill out the transcript request form, but to send it, and to follow up via email...and phone..I hate talking on the phone.
I knew my parents and advisor would want to know that I was doing everything I could to get into school this semester, despite the fact that I really.didn't.want to go.
I figured, I'd also email my advisor to see if he could sign me despite the hold, just so he'd know I was trying... but it wasn't to be. So I began the process resigning myself to a school-less semester...because at this point the thought of NOT doing school for the next three months went from YESS to omw-who-am-I-kidding-what-am-I-going-to-do-with-myself!?
Can you imagine how I will be once I finally graduate!? Yikes.
Then my dad calls me and tells me I have a decision to make. About What?
"Regarding the car, we can get such-and-such amount of money if we just let it be a total loss, but they would take the car"
Hold up, Dad-on-the-phone-say-WHAT?
My dad has graciously allowed me to drive his car for the last two years, since I wrecked mine in 2008. I've wanted to get a new car, but different things kept coming up preventing that from happening. My parents did offer to let me buy the car last year, but once again my financial constraints got in the way, and I decided to pass. Because I am stupid. Had I known this would have happened....but as usual; hindsight is always 20/20. However after both my wrecks last year, the car has been deemed "totaled" and the insurance company is offering my parents a tidy sum if they give up the car. They would still give us some money if we kept the car, but the amount would be thousands of dollars less.
Sigh.
Truthfully letting me have a "decision" was mere formality, I knew that amount of money was too significant for them to pass up, and began resigning myself to whatever decision they made.
A days passes.
I decided to go to PSTCC (my school) and try to register in person. Once again that transcript yanked me back to square 1, however I got some more information from the extremely-helpful-office-lady. She told me to try and have HCC fax the transcript directly to the Admissions office so they could take off the hold as soon as they got it, and then try to register again. She also told me registration may be extended due to the school closing earlier this week because of the weather.
Deep Breathes.
I call HCC.
They were closed.
Due to the weather.
REALLY!?!
That was Wednesday.
School started on Thursday.
I emailed my advisor of the happens, and he sounded like I could still register if I got my transcripts in on Thursday.
Thursday morning, I was on the phone with HCC again.
They were STILL closed.
I called my parents. And told them it looked like school was a "no go" this semester.
I called PSTCC admissions office to see if registration had been extended.
"No I'm sorry..you can add classes but we're not registering"
I told my boss that school wasn't happening this semester.
I emailed my advisor with an update on the situation.
I called my parents and told them.
Then I went on about my day, trying to come to grips with not being in school this semester.
Friday dawned bright and... well.... early in my mind. (12ish early?!)
My parents wanted a decision about the car.
Ummm... now!?
Yes.
To buy a cheap vehicle or repair the 20-year-old vehicle sitting under my parents car port.
Deep breaths. Made a snap decision. Something I hate doing. But I did.
Then had a moment of instant panic.
My dad once again encouraged me to see if I could contact HCC.
The temptation to put it off was so strong I could almost taste it.
Just go ahead and put it off until its too late...
But I knew that wouldn't fly.
I could already hear my dads voice....
So I called.
And they were open.
And were willing to fax my transcript.
whoa.
I thought about emailing my advisor, but decided to wait until it was in the hands of PSTCC admissions people before updating him.
I waited about 15 minutes before calling to see if the fax had arrived.
It hadn't but I was reassured they would take off the hold as soon as they got it.
Thank you so much!
Life went on. I cleaned my house, did some laundry, took the dogs outside and chatted with my father about the goings on...I was right in the middle of keeping my dog from attacking a passer by when my advisor called.
"Hi this is So and So, with the Photography Department"
"Well I don't have much time. Did you get your transcript in to admissions office"
"Why don't you just email me what's going on....
And my phone dies.
Gargh dude.
I race inside and send a quick email, call HCC again and ask about the status of my transcript, and was assured they would be sent out before 4PM.
Ok awesome.
The time is 3:45PM.
I emailed my advisor to update him on that news, and we all sit back and wait. And wait. ...and wait some more.
Finally at 4:36PM I refresh my account page and am rewarded to see "No Holds".
Yes I shrieked like a little girl, before frantically trying to navigate to the "Add/Drop Class" page. What if this doesn't work? What if I still can't register because its too late? The screen with the photography classes listed comes up and I hurried click the boxes of the classes I want to be in.
Am I in?
I'm IN!
OMG I'M IN!
AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
![]() |
| Me Expressing my excitement over being back in school. |
Should I sign up for another class? Might as well Erin.
AaAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Art of Photography
Studio Still Life
Neither one classes I'm think I'm going to like but...a necessary evil.
I email my advisor.
I email the Human Resource person so she can let my new instructors know about the puppies.
I call my dad. HE DOESN'T answer.
I update Facebook.
I see my friends are home and run over to update them with the good news.
I get back and some of the excitement wears off as my advisor suggests getting together so we can add more classes.
More?! Um.. I don't know really, but sure why not, might as well graduate sooner than later.
Weeeeeee!
I can't believe this is happening.
Finally get in contact with my father. He's "overjoyed". Not.
He three ways my mother into the convo who displays the proper amounts of excitement. Thanks Mom!
Am I excited? Yes I keep waffling back and forth once I realize that my taste of three day weekends is back to being a thing of the past, but I'm so.happy to have the chance of graduating with the people I've come to know over the last year.
And that, my friends,is the story of my miracle.
The End.
P.S. (What do you think of the my blog makeover?)

3 comments:
First - CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's such a great feeling to not be aimless for a few months, lol. So glad it all worked out!
And your blog is SO. CUTE. Love the color scheme, the layout, and the picture of you up top is so pretty! :)
Yay! I'm glad you were able to get everything straightened out! :)
Thanks girl!!
Post a Comment