If I were to use one word to describe the first week of 2011, it would be: SICK. It seems that there was a bug in the Alabama air, and it came back without nearly everyone who had made the trip down this past weekend. But compared to last year, I'd much prefer to start my year coughing my head off, verses the stress of last year.
Not that the stress isn't there. I'm just not letting it be stressful at the moment. Throughout the week, I did spend a lot of time, thinking about what I wanted to change this year. Since starting college in 2006, I have gone from a un-focused, un-motivated high school student, to a un-focused, un-motivated college student. A bad combination if I do say so myself.
The truth is, I'm tired of it. I'm tired of always needing someone to push me, to motivate me, to challenge me instead of being able to do within, with the help of God, of course. I'm tired of my haphazard lifestyle, waiting to the last minute to do things, or bouncing around from thing, to thing with no focus.
Over this last week, I've decided enough, is enough. This is as good as year as any to get somethings settled.
Its harder done then said to be sure. Its a habit I've perfected over many years, and breaking it will take a looot of prayer and will power, but I'm determined to do this.
This year I want to focus on:
- My Health
- Over the break, I randomly was looking through some health websites and put in my height and weight to see what it would say, knowing full well weight loss is not an issues for me. I was slightly surprised to see they characterized me as midly underweight... but realizing I only about once a day, it was not that much of a shock. But at the same time, I realized I do need to start eating better, not just more but better foods, so I downloaded an "App" to my phone and have been counting calories every since. I'm shocked at the amount of calories a McChicken Sandwhich and Small Fries can amount up too, and after gaining a couple of pounds over the weekend, I realized that I need to make sure I'm eating as healthy as possible. Making my lunches whenever I can and backing off of caffeine/sodas.
- Monday was the last day I had caffeine and haven't had any since. No cravings or whatever.
- I'm looking forward to starting to eat healthier, cause I know it will probably go a long ways to helping my focus etc..
- Focus on my Friendships
- Focus on my relationship with God
- Focus on my schooling (gag me now)
- Focus on my dogs
- Focus on budgeting
- Since my last post on Budgeting I've discovered Mint.com. A LIFESAVER especially for people like me, who forget to write down their expenditures regularly. This site records every purchase you make with your debit card and records under a set category, that way all you have to do is check the site so you know
- Focus on my schedule
- Practicing Moderation in everything I do. There is such thing as too much of a "good" thing.
- Complete my 101 N 1001
- Which has been updated btw...


No comments:
Post a Comment