And it wasn't until 11PM that the rain started. Cold, bitter rain. I began to become optimistic that we'd have snow by the morning. My disappointment was great when I stuck my head out into a cold, gray day.
However, by the time church was out the flurries were coming down hard and fast, much to Pompei's delight, and the dachshunds horror. By the time, we were getting ready for the evening service, the roads were getting slick, and icy.
Now most northerners who move down here, are always laughing at the locals and how quickly the town shuts down when the snow starts falling, however, they don't realize that those huge...shall we say "ditches" or drop offs, the mountainously steep roads, are a like riding the roller coaster of death, on a thin sheet of ice. Four wheel drive or no. I've attempted to drive them. Believe me, its not an experiance I want little children and busses going through.
So what do I do on a Sunday evening, with no church and lots of snow coming down?? Well after I freeze my nose off, letting the dogs play in the yard....
I organize my closet!!!!!!! I know, I know try not to be jealous. It had to be done, I needed to get to my clothes.
Have you ever washed your entire closet all at once?
Like, take every.single.piece of clothing out of your closet and wash it?
No?
You probably should do it every so often. #justsayin
ANyway, so I'd done that last month, for a reason,that I'm not going to tell you right now, and spent sometime sorting through, bagging up the clothes I haven't worn in like...since I bought them, and let my sisters go through them. #werecoolwithhandmedowns
I made quite a dent in my closet, so now instead of taking up both sides, it only takes up one....and a dresser...and a bunch of tubs....See?
Before...
In between.... And After!
Except you can't see my closet...
Or inside it...
So you'll just have to take my word..K?!
After that was done, I cleaned other parts of my house and all the while managing my city on Age of the Empires II. Gold Edition. My mom used to think that game was violent. It is sorta, of but a girl has to keep her city safe, and if I have to commission, armies of archers, elephants, calvary and hoards of villagers to keep my food supplies up. You should try it sometime. :) During the managing of my second empire, I whipped up some Monkey Bread.
Yummy, ooey, gooey, goodness. Note: Don't try to grab the pan without oven mitts. Also don't stick your finger in the empty pan and try to lick the remaining glaze...it burns.
Oh wait..you actually wanted pictures of snow?! About that...there's the little problem with it getting dark at 5:30PM and yeah. Maybe tomorrow. Speaking of Monday, I don't have to go in until 10AM, and with any luck they may just shut her down.......
You'll excuse me, so I can go pray for 12 inches of snow?
See Ya!





No comments:
Post a Comment