11.08.2010

November 8: A Game

Potential Titles for this Post: 

Real LIfe of a College Student
"Oh Laundry How I hate thee...Let me Count the Ways" 
1. Sleep 2. Social Life 3. Good Grades 3. Neat House - Pick Two. Welcome to College 
I'm only 21 and already I need a maid..or at least a helpful roommate. *snickers*
For real though, my house isn't like this. 
During the summer at least. 
Then i have oodles of time to clean and straighten. 
Really, cleaning is a hobby of mine.
!?!
Believe me, my mother was a shocked as you are.
I have no clue why, my bedroom was always clean and organized.
Oh yes, she said because they always had to "force" (my words not hers) me to do my chores.
Well come on!! 
 I was a teenager..so rebellion being obstinate is my nature at that point
Who WANTS to wash BY HAND, 8 people's worth, of dishes???? 
*Our dishwasher broke and my parents took their sweet time about fixing it. 
When I say sweet time...think 1 year of hand.washing.dishes. 
1 YEAR PEOPLE.
It was child abuse I tell you.
To this day I LOATHE dishes.
And Laundry.
Have you ever seen laundry for eight people? Its a nightmare.
My organized brain would go into over load so I couldn't do that either.
I still hate it, but only because I don't have a working washer and dryer in my house. 
But as I was saying, I had good reasons for not being uber neat in the general population, parts of my families home. 
But now that all the junk is mine...well you know, I don't mind to clean it up.  
However...there comes a point in the semester where you stark "picking" the SLEEP category and the Good Grades category over the social life and clean house ones....
Six more weeks................

3 comments:

Natalie said...

If it makes you feel better, my house is currently in exactly the same state right now. Clean house comes way behind SLEEP (my fave), good grades and social life haha

Erin said...

Yeah I'm starting to get my priorities straight!!

Stephany said...

I have just recently convinced my mom what a value there is in a dishwasher! We've been washing by hand for the past 20-odd years!! And now she's a believer.

Dishwashers are seriously the best. The. Best.