11.05.2010

November 5: A Letter

Dear Mr. Flash,
I have to start out this letter with an apology. I'm a very humble person and when I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I can admit that. (...wait does me saying that discount my humbleness?) I have had a ...hate/hate relationship with you, since I got my DSLR camera. Your "in-camera" flash has ruined many a perfectly good photo. So.Many.People use you, yet they use you wrong, hence solidifying my hatred of you. Everytime I see a photo shot with a on-camera flash I cringe. So you can imagine my reaction, to finding out we were REQUIRED to buy you, Mr.Flashy Pants. It wasn't pretty. I seriously consider/considering dropping the class, due to not being able to afford your expensive..self..


Until I borrowed you from the school. And.. *starts to get choked up* I realize..that uh....*sniff* I may, have been...wrong...about..um.......um... wrong about you. 




I may have, you know, complained to my fellow classmates at how I hated using the flash, and how awful photos with "on camera" flashes were. I may have vowed to only rent one, because..psht..I'd NEVER use one of those things outside of class. Its a humbling thing, I tell you, to be proven wrong. Humbling. 
It was also, very, very hard to let you go. All evening I've missed your brightness bouncing off my ceiling. ...my roommate would beg to differ..:)However, I am scrapping all the money I can so I can buy you. Yeah I'll be broke for the next week, and no I probably won't be able to do anything other than purchase gas..but I'll have you.
Well ok, no YOU per se, but HOPEFULLY one just as good. Stupid school, of course spares no expenses for their equipment, which means when people like me, use you, our desire to have you is quickly squashed by logging into Amazon.com. So I'm stuck with the one, that's $150 less.

Please be worth it. 


Love,

1 comment:

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

You've made me curious about Mr. Flash. I hope Jr. Flash is as impressive for you. Good luck!