As my photography teachers like to say, its easier to lighten a photo then to darken one. I'm giving my sister some tips as to how to use my camera in manual mode (which is all I shoot nowadays) so she was having a hard time getting my skin properly exposed without whiting out Pompei completely. If anyone has any tips at how to shoot white and black people without over exposing one or the other, I would love to know! Anyway raised the exposure and saturation levels, and warmed the temperature up in the camera raw editor, and then ran the Pioneer Woman's "Lovely and Fresh" action on it. I think it came out ok, the photo is now a little noisy...but it happens.



6 comments:
I don't have any tips for you but I think your edit is pretty good. I love the old chairs too.
Great photo.. the brightness in the edit is perfect. :)
Maybe try changing the white balance settings... it looks like you might have been in shade at the time so wb change might have helped... other than that - ISO up or slower shutter speed.... I don't take enough pictures of people to really know what I'm telling you though... :/
Awww......nice save!
As far as noise goes, have you ever checked out Noisewear Community Edition? It's free, but when you have the occasional photo that you had to shoot at a high ISO, it really does an amazing job getting the noise out!
wow, what a difference! Your edits really brightened that image up...nice to see that smile! Great shot.
I think it's a very good edit!!!
Post a Comment