Believe it or not, I am still alive, a bit disoriented, with no clue about the time or date, but alive. I also forgot to mention, in my previous panicked post, that I stuck said phone in rice immediately after bringing it inside, having learned my lesson from last time, and its been there ever since. I'm hoping and praying (yes praying) that it will work if I let it dry throughly this time.
The last time it was two days before we were able to purchase some rice, so I think hope that played a big part in its demise. It will be in there until...Thursday. If I can wait that long....
However, I havebarely made it 48 hours. Yesterday wasn't bad cause I was at/around home/friends/family all day, so there was no need. My computers were with in reach, and Google Voice could be accessed if I need to make any calls.
Then on my way out to campus, I was reaching for my phone, to ask someone something, and with a sinking feeling realized, I was out in the big, bad, world, without any connection to my peoples. No GPS, no facebook, no PHONE, no email, I mean if I got lost...no.one would look for me, for HOURS. *gulp*
It hit me again, as I was skipping out of the Financial Aid office, after a trying ordeal getting my account straightened out (again). They hate me I'm positive of it, though the lady was very nice and helpful and didn't just blow me off.
I could let know one know about my success, for about 35 minutes. Seriously!? I know this may not seem like a long time to some of you, but ok the girl has ADD believe me when I say, it was about 30 minutes after I got home, that I remembered what I was going to walk up the hill and tell my mother. #sad
Anyway, all this was to say, I survived.
It was painful, but I did it.
I am going through withdrawls though I keep thinking I hear this sound from a distant room.
{The sound that let me know I just received a new email} or the little "plings" every couple of minutes, letting me know another twitter update had come through....
I MISS MY PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last time it was two days before we were able to purchase some rice, so I
However, I have
Wait you haven't heard about Google Voice? OMW where do you guys live under rocks?!Today on the other hand, was a little more nerve wracking. Last night I did break down and power up phone #1, so I could at least use the alarm/Lightning Bug app. And then today I tucked its sleek familiar shape into my purse, so I could at least tell time. Once at work, though I began to realize it was a little strange, not to have email notifications, or facebook text, or texts period to get me through the work day. *..i mean..*
Then on my way out to campus, I was reaching for my phone, to ask someone something, and with a sinking feeling realized, I was out in the big, bad, world, without any connection to my peoples. No GPS, no facebook, no PHONE, no email, I mean if I got lost...no.one would look for me, for HOURS. *gulp*
It hit me again, as I was skipping out of the Financial Aid office, after a trying ordeal getting my account straightened out (again). They hate me I'm positive of it, though the lady was very nice and helpful and didn't just blow me off.
I could let know one know about my success, for about 35 minutes. Seriously!? I know this may not seem like a long time to some of you, but ok the girl has ADD believe me when I say, it was about 30 minutes after I got home, that I remembered what I was going to walk up the hill and tell my mother. #sad
Anyway, all this was to say, I survived.
It was painful, but I did it.
I am going through withdrawls though I keep thinking I hear this sound from a distant room.
{The sound that let me know I just received a new email} or the little "plings" every couple of minutes, letting me know another twitter update had come through....
I MISS MY PHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:
Hey! Thanks for your comment on my Project 365 post the other day. I totally dropped my HTC Incredible in the toilet a couple weeks ago, but miraculously it still works fine. Hope everything goes okay with your phone! (Oh, and I love your mail notification. I've been meaning to get a more fun one for mine, too. My husband has a clip from Monty Python where a guy gets hit with an arrow which has a letter attached, and he says, "Message for you sir!")
Post a Comment